“Good Service, Solid Food Offering, Great View”

Mamita's Beach Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are undoubtedly the Mexican Caribbean beach club par excellence. With 650 ft. of the best beach in Playa Del Carmen, we provide services and comforts of first quality to our guests: modern restrooms equipped with air-conditioning, showers, kids pool, an area with massage service, and 300 deck chairs and 100 beach umbrellas for rent, towels as well, a boutique where you can buy beach accessories and souvenirs (Mamita's Store - Gift & Clothes), parking lot with valet parking, Wi-Fi service and private security. You can have breakfast and/or lunch at Mamita's Restaurant which is open 365 days a year and can host 100 dinner guests. Our menu offers an important variety of meals for all tastes, and a bar with delicious drinks and cocktails, national and imported drinks.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I ate at Mamitas Beach (Restaurant) club on the first day of our arrival, as it was recommended to us by our hotel near by. The Restaurant itself offers a modern and relaxed dining experience, with good food selection, prompt service and a fantastic view overlooking the beach and beautiful water. No complaints and would defiantly recommend for casual dining experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"tequila"
"riviera"

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have found the Mexican people to be polite, honest and hard working and deserving of tips more often than not. Mamitas challenged my way of thinking. The bar looks contempory and everything you would wish for but the drinks and staff fall way short. My wife and I started with a piña colada each, big glass, no trimmings.......and no alcohol! It was little more than a coconut milk shake, if there was alcohol we couldn't detect any. Undeterred my wife tried a different cocktail, I switched to beer. The beer arrived in a bottle, no lime or offer of a glass. My wife experienced a fruit juice masquerading as a cocktail. I left the amount due without the optional service charge as it was not deserved.. I was chased at the exit by the server demanding a service charge, I left him a bundle of change from my pocket, probably about 200 pesos mainly because I was stunned and amazed by his brashness. We left to what sounded like a traditional Mexican verbal insult. Beware Mamitas some people Speak Spanish to a degree. Great setting, good looking image, poor drinks, average to poor service and awfull protocol. By the way, I have tipped over 6000 pesos over 2 weeks and have thoroughly enjoyed Mexico. Avoid this place, there are better more traditional places with smiling helpfull staff.

1  Thank Yvonne R
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is an excellent beach club to relax & enjoy the turquoise Riviera's ocean. The prices for the chairs and umbrellas are extremely cheap. The only "negative" is the service; not bad but average.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is for the glamorous set. I had fun watching everyone on the beach but it is definitely touristy. It wasn't my thing but I can see that for many this would be the place to be. There are loads of beach chairs and a pool and parking and drinks. If you spent money for food or drinks or a chair there was no charge to park.

1  Thank stephany38