We chose the Riviera del Sol for our accommodation while on vacation for two weeks in January 2010. This was our second trip to Playa del Carmen; our first time at this hotel. From the very moment we set foot in this charming hotel we were pleased with our decision to stay here; it is truly a ‘gem’ to be experienced.
Many thanks to Juan Jose and Melina for their help with our reservation and providing information about local interests and activities to make our vacation memorable. Juan Jose’s map of Tulum was our favorite souvenir – we took it with us when we visited this beautiful historic site.
What we appreciated about this hotel:
Most importantly, the friendly and helpful staff - they are the people who made this a wonderful experience; the hotel is very clean and well maintained; the rooms are comfortable, spacious, quiet, with good A/C and ceiling fan; the restaurant serves good food; and the location is superb – just a short walk to the beach, or a short walk to all the activities on Fifth Avenue.
Our stay included breakfast served in the lovely restaurant area by the pool. It consisted of coffee, fresh orange juice, fresh fruit, sweet buns, and toast. You can also order from the menu for a small additional charge. Alberto and Roberto were the waiters who provided excellent service and were very helpful with our limited Espanol.
On two occasions, after very busy days, we chose to have our evening meal here. It was so relaxing. We had the risotto and lasagne; both were very good.
Also included with our accommodation was a pass for lounge chairs and a palapa sombrilla at Mamita’s Beach Club, which is located on the best stretch of beach in Playa del Carmen. It was worth getting up early to watch the sunrise from here, then going for a long morning walk on this beautiful beach - very peaceful.
The following businesses in the area are worth noting as they contributed to making our vacation fun:
Mexico Blue Dream - a dive shop located on the way to the beach - be sure to check it out. My husband and son had such a great experience with their all day snorkeling adventure that they went on a second excursion.
Renzo’s Pizza - for a quick snack (and/or a game of chess) located a few blocks away on Fifth Ave.
Ambasciata D’Italia Ristorante - on 5th Ave is definitely worth a visit – good food and service.
Chango Internet Café - one block away on First Ave (request to hear Elizabeth’s cd – she has a beautiful voice).
We will stay at the Riviera del Sol on our next trip to PDC. Thank you to the management and staff who made us feel at home while we were guests in their hotel. We had a great time! Enjoyed our stay immensely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riviera del Sol is an outstandingly beautiful hotel located in Playa del Carmen. Here you will enjoy a peaceful atmosphere accompanied by the warm, friendly, and courteous service the Mayan Riviera is famous for. Riviera del Sol is designed exclusively with your relaxation and comfort in mind. Each room has a private patio or balcony overlooking the pool and stunning garden area. Whether it’s just the two of you or your entire family, you will find that staying at Riviera del Sol is a truly exceptional experience - Welcome to the magic that is Riviera del Sol! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riviera del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Del Sol Hotel
- Riviera Del Sol Playa Carmen
- Hotel Riviera Del Sol Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico