We stayed here for a week over new year’s eve, and overall it is a nice place. It did have a few issues though, which I will outline below
The service – OK, friendly, but not overly helpful. We asked for help a couple of times to book a boat trip and call a taxi to the bus station (with our luggage, in the rain), and both times we pretty much had to sort it out ourselves. We had experienced amazing helpful service throughout Mexico in the lead up to our stay in PDC, so the service at Riviera Del Sol, while not terrible, stood out in comparison.
The room - We loved our room! Spacious, clean and comfortable. We had just spent the previous 2 weeks ‘roughing it’ in cheap accommodation around Mexico, so walking into our room with clean white sheets and giant king sized bed was extra nice.
Breakfast – We actually really enjoyed the breakfast. There were 3 or so hot dishes provided each day, as well as cereal, yoghurt, toast, fruit, coffee and juice. What more could you want? The breakfast was tasty, filling and set us up for the day.
The location – Here’s the thing. It was SO noisy. Our room overlooked the bars across the road, so maybe other rooms are quieter, but from about 9pm until about 3am our room was like a night club thanks to the loudspeakers pumping out music across the road. I had to sleep with earplugs in and a pillow over my head, and I could still clearly hear the music. We’re fairly young, and enjoy a good party, but at the end of the day it’s nice to have a quiet place to retreat to. We ended up pretty exhausted by the end of the week due to poor sleep every night. It was a real shame, but I’m not sure what can be done about it, given the nature of Playa itself.
All in all, despite this being a really lovely little hotel, I probably wouldn’t stay here again due to the noise at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riviera del Sol is an outstandingly beautiful hotel located in Playa del Carmen. Here you will enjoy a peaceful atmosphere accompanied by the warm, friendly, and courteous service the Mayan Riviera is famous for. Riviera del Sol is designed exclusively with your relaxation and comfort in mind. Each room has a private patio or balcony overlooking the pool and stunning garden area. Whether it’s just the two of you or your entire family, you will find that staying at Riviera del Sol is a truly exceptional experience - Welcome to the magic that is Riviera del Sol! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riviera del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Del Sol Hotel
- Riviera Del Sol Playa Carmen
- Hotel Riviera Del Sol Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico