“Poor marketing.”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grand Coral Golf Club is a Nick Price's golfer-friendly creation where everyone will enjoy playing this 18 hole, par 71 course which is 7,043 yards long. It offers a modern club House and exclusive Beach Club.The Green fee includes: Round trip transportation, golf cart, 2 bottles of water, golf tees, divot repair tool, fresh towels, dressing room whit lockers and safe deposit box.*transportation included for two or more players• NAME: GRAND CORAL GOLF RIVIERA MAYA OPENED: FEBRUARY 2011 COURSE DESIGNER: NICK PRICE HOLES: 18 PAR: 71 CHAMPIONSHIP COURSE TYPE OF GRASS: PASPALUM, SEE ISLE 1 ON TEES, FAIRWAYS, ROUGHS & PASPALUM PLATINUM ON GREENS. CARTS: CLUB CAR PRECEDENT ELECTRIC RENTAL CLUBS: TAYLORMADE SPEEDBLADE-SLDR & AEROBURNER
San Diego, California
“Poor marketing.”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My golf buddy and I bought yearly time share at the Royal Haciendas within the the grounds of Grand Coral with the anticipation of Nick Price course opening there. We patiently waited and watched the construction of the course for several years, and finally, we got to play it in 2011 in November. The fairway, then still needed some maturing, but overall, the course was beautifully
laid out. Now, we are there every year during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of November. Last year, we paid the twilight rate of $60. We played nearly every day we were there. This year, we were surprised to find that they wanted to charge us $90 for the twilight and an additional $25 if we wanted food and beverages included. I might point out that the greens were in terrible shape as they had "punched them" and sanded the greens, making true putts impossible. The reason we were told of the price increase was that they instituted a "high and low season." Instead of playing at the Grand Coral, we played at Iberostar golf course up the road. We played for $95 which included round trip transportation, all food and beverages(before, during, and after play) AND the course was in beautiful shape. The Royal Haciendas is one of the anchor resorts there at the Grand Coral compounds and represents a large pool of potential golfing customers for the Grand Coral golf course, yet, this ridiculous pricing chased many of them away. The course
remained bare. They need to start thinking smarter. Is a bare course better for business or a busy course at a reduced prices for the guests at the Grand Coral resorts better? I asked for some who I could speak with and finally a fellow named Pepe arrived. He barely spoke English and was not in position to negotiate any multiple play rates for us.

Visited November 2012
Grand C, Manager at Grand Coral Golf Riviera Maya, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you your comments, they are always appreciated. Yes, we do offer specially contracted rates for all our guests from Royal Haciendas. I invite you to contact me directly via email at dirgolf.progcg@grupograndcoral.com.mx the next time you are planning your visit and are looking for information on special promotions, or multiple play discounts. We also offer complimentary round trip limo cart transportation from Royal Haciendas to the golf course, for your convenience.

Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you November 2013.

Vernon, Connecticut, USA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Beautiful Course”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed at the Paradisus La Perla down the street and someone from the course came to pick me up which was nice. Paid $165 for golf and rental clubs. Rentals were Ping G20's. I had brought my own balls and tees and golf glove with me to Mexico "just in case" I played golf (wink wink). The course was beautiful but pretty hard. There were lots of well placed bunkers. I was in the sand all day. I blame the unfamiliar course and clubs. They let my wife ride around with me for free. I teed off at 6:45am and there was no one in front of my and I played 18 holes in about 2 hours (maybe less). They had a beer girl coming around pretty early (7:30am?) but I don't have a clock when it comes to drinking and playing golf. I had a great time and didn't mind what I paid because the course was so nice and I was on vacation. Anyone who complains about the price is a no-fun cheapskate.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank David N
Dear David,

Thank you very much for your informative and fun comments! We are very pleased you had a great time during your round.
Please come and visit us again soon.

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Condo Hotels Playa del Carmen”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This company is absolutely horrible. I wanted to play Grand Coral Golf and all they try to do is sell other services you don’t ask for. I contacted Condo Hotels Playa del Carmen 3 days prior to arriving in Cancun to play golf at Grand Coral. I emailed them everyday and asked at least 4 times to arrange a tee time. Eduardo Gil and several others just strung me along and I would get emails from all these different people trying to sell me things and they couldn’t even sell me/arrange the golf outing I requested.

I would highly recommend using any other company or simply waiting till you get to your hotel. They post these deals, but can’t deliver and simply waste your time. For the sake of your enjoyment of your trip and the trust that you will actually get what you want, do NOT use this company. It’s now 10:46 PM the night before I wanted to play golf and I have nothing set up. Its super frustrating and I ask anyone who reads this not to use this company. All I want is to play golf and I feel like I’ve wasted a ton of my time and now I need to scramble tomorrow AM to figure this all out. Its not right….

Visited November 2012
Grand C, Manager at Grand Coral Golf Riviera Maya, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Brian L,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. I do apologize for not responding to your review sooner. It is unfortunate that your experience with Condo Hotels had an impact on your golf reservation experience and your vacation.

In future please contact me directly, or visit our website to book your tee times. We would be pleased to assist you with anything you need regarding your golf with us.

Best regards,
Windsor, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lush & well maintained”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Setting was spectacular and course was challenging with numerous bunkers. Carts were great and it was nice o be greeted with an iced towel at the end of our round.

1 Thank Jolaine C
Grand Coral R, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Coral Golf Riviera Maya, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks for all your comments. We are happy to hear that our course satisfied your needs. We really hope see you again to serve you.
Foley, Alabama
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Average Course”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a nice course but for the Money its not worth it. To rent clubs and a cart with ten balls and drinks expect to Pay $200.00 per person. It is a championship course and very pretty, But not worth the money to play. There are no pall washers at the tee boxes That is huge if it happens to rain. Also we had trouble with one cart and had to replace it and the cart they chose' was older we started with new carts. Had headlights horn single directions but no gps device.Had to relay on score cards for shape and distance. I play on courses with out gps never at this price. Expect to pay $100.00 for a golf shirt. Over all a fun course to play just way too much money. There are no lockers for storage of other clothes. I would not return to this course

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Robert K
Grand Coral R, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Coral Golf Riviera Maya, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to remark on your visit at Golf Grand Coral.
We are sorry to hear about your negative experience in our course. We are a golf course with best prices in the area; we have a spa with all the facilities for our golfers as, sauna, steam, lockers and showers. We appreciate your comments and we hope you can give us the opportunity to serve you again very soon.