“New Chef for Restaurant”

Siesta Fiesta Hotel
Ranked #115 of 215 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were very hungry and we heard the music streaming from the bar. We chose it because we could sit and eat on the street and watch the traffic walk by. We were surprised at how good the food was. The Ahi salad, with sesame dressing was wonderful. We had a nacho platter, that included guacamole and quesadillas and that was very good. We ordered COSTILLAS, ribs marinated in orange juice and it was WONDERFUL, garnished with a sliced roasted onion. Tender and moist. The Aranchera was very good, done perfectly. We had EXCELLENT service, from our server and his assistants made sure we had drinks. Margaritas were very good. The server said that the new chef had been in place for 15 days, so we think they hit the jackpot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Roaming down 5th Ave looking for a place to wet the whistle. Place looked nice, so stopped in.
Service was average. ended up having drinks and guacamole. Drinks were good and average price. The guac was very good. They also had live entertainment. Someone playing guitar. Not overly loud. Nice background music. The service was mostly slow, had to wait for drinks and our bill. Will not stop back. To many other places to try.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been to the fiesta 20 times over the years and love 19 of them.
I will admit i am glad for an owner change.
Recently we had steaks for dinner and they were perfect,the kitchen area was clean.
I only felt slightly overcharged once a few years ago and honestly thought a few times i got over on them.
The bands change over the years but always enjoy the two band format.We have listened to the best jam sessions anywhere!
The beer gives me a brain freeze.
Ask for Danny the night bartender as he is a great ambassador for the place...and his English is good.
Check it out...

Room Tip: Danny wouldnt let me stay in a crappy room. I will check rooms in may and let trip advisor know wha...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Did not stay at the hotel or eat here, but sat at the bar and listened to music. The music was best earlier in the evening and the 9 o'clock switched to a younger sound - but if you are younger you will enjoy....Denni the bartender is very good. We enjoyed music and conversation with him. Be sure to sit at the bar and order drinks, or walk up to the bar and order. And don't forget to take care of the bartender - Denni. They depend on their tips!

Room Tip: Did not stay here, only enjoyed music at the bar.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was attracted to this restaurant on ave. Quinta by the good live music. The music was the only good thing about this restaurant. I asked the waitress if a soup on the menu was vegetarian, and she assured me it was. Given her aloofness, I ended up asking another waiter the same question. He went to the bar to ask someone who looked like the manager, and came back to assure me it was not a meat based soup. When the soup came, I took one spoonful and to my dismay was chewing on a piece of animal fat. The food came at the same time as my soup so I put my soup aside and tried to enjoy my meal. My waitress never came back to my table, and I had to ask another waiter for the bill. I also told him that I did not want to pay for the soup as it was not vegetarian as they claimed it was. He told me not to worry about it, and that I would not be charged. When I finally received my bill, there was a hand written amount on the bill above what the bill worked out to be. After some time I was able to get my waitresses attention to ask her about the hand written amount. She told me this amount included the suggested tip. I gave her some money and when she brought me the change, she had taken out the suggested tip. There are so many wonderful restaurants on avenida Quinta. This one should be avoided.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank finefolle13
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Not real sure about the hotel part, but the restaurant bar is widely known to the locals (and my personal experience) as a place that "pads" tabs and tries its best to rip you off. Just wanted to warn everyone

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Went to Playa del Carmen to spend a night with my gf, we took a look at the room which seemed ok and decided to stay, left our stuff and went out for lunch, once back we decided to take a nap to find out a bed full of little bugs that eat you alive, room was full of mosquitos, we requested a room with air conditioner which did not work at all. I went to the reception to request a room change BIG SURPRISE none was responsible for anything, I was told that the person in charge was coming back to the hotel in 6 hours (at 9 pm) and meanwhile there was NOTHING to do, then i requested a refound since I spent less than 1 hour in the room, and I got the same answer which did not make sense considering I paid cash. We decided then to go right across the street to find a much better hotel for 12 dollars more. I went back to siesta fiesta at night time to speak to "the guy in charge" to find a very ignorant person who did not even want to talk to me and ended up saying "sorry no refund". I must mention that the place looks shady just as the people who works there, once in the other hotel we had a conversation with another couple who had a much worse experience at siesta fiesta, they were robbed. Playa del Carmen is full of hotels, my recomendation is stay soewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple