“Lovely hotel, great location”

Hotel Posada Sian Ka'an
Ranked #95 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Liverpool
“Lovely hotel, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I booked this hotel online at a cost of £47 per night with breakfast included.

The location is perfect. Turn left out of the lobby and you are 30 seconds from the beach. Turn right and you are 30 seconds from 5th avenue. The ferry to Cozumel is a 5 min / 3 block walk away.

The rooms are clean and modern and the hotel has a small pool surrounded by lush plantation and a small Cenote in the grounds. Unfortunately this acts somewhat as a magnet for mosquitos so take plenty of repellent.

The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful and there is free wifi in the small hotel lobby.

If you want a conveniently located hotel at a budget price then you won't go far wrong here, especially as the noisy part of 5th avenue is far enough away that sleep won't be interrupted.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Location location location! Steps away from the beach! Steps away from the famous 5th avenue! Close to Ado station and ferry! This was a trip to remember! Every year my girls and I take a birthday trip to Mexico, after two night in beautiful and relaxing Cozumel, we did two night in hip fun exciting Playa del Carmen! This is such a cute boutique hotel and Talia from the front end was so helpful to us! Thank you Talia for recommending taking a guided tour to Tulum and Coba (our first choice was to take the ADO buses and taxi to both temples) so glad we listen because it was worth $45 dollars! Best tour we had in Mexico! It's a must see if staying in PDC! The rooms were very modern and had a great pool view! Breakfast was delicious and enjoyed the beautiful scenery! Playa del Carmen is the best! Would def book here again next year! See you soon! : ) thank you staff for recommending us to take a Taxi to Cancun instead of the ADO busses, very helpful staff!

• Stayed May 2013
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked this hotel on the Internet. 1/2 block toward beach from 5th Ave on Calle 2 Norte, 1 block from Ado bus station, 4 blocks from Ferry. Very tranquil, lush, tropical court yard area, quiet. Free breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. I had very good fruit salad and hubby had chicken enchilada.

We arrived before the room was ready, so the office held our luggage and delivered it to the room. We grabbed the ferry and went to Cozumel for the afternoon to meet friends. When we returned, our luggage was in the room and I hit the pool. Very quiet, salt water pool with flashing colored lights in the evening. Birds often landed in the pool and took their little bird baths which was fun to watch. Saw an Agouti run across the sidewalk.

The room is basic, A/C worked great and the room was clean. The beds for my husband and I were rather hard (I had trouble sleeping, but we're used to a waterbed). Only got 1 towel a day per person, no clock or alarm in the room. I called for a 7 a.m. wake up call the day we were flying out, we never got the call, luckily my husband has an inner clock or we'd have missed our flight. Flat screen TV, shampoo, soap and alot of hot water provided for showers.

Very good place for the price if you don't mind semi-hard beds (my biggest complaint). Close to the bus (I didn't see any place to park rental cars) and a great massage place, close to the night life, restaurants on 5th Ave. Staff very accommodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Small boutique type hotel, only ocean view would be from sundeck on the roof, nice view of the pool...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lacieblack
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Way a great hotel! Just off of 5th ave, a 30 second walk to the beach, clean, comfortable and secure. The hotel staff where very friendly. I also loved how breakfast was included. This hotel was a great price. The rooms are basic but clean. The air conditioner was very good and the room had a safe which is very important to me. The roof top terrace was a nice touch. My only complaint was the Mosquitos sneaking in and harassing me in my sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TORONTO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We found this place through an Expedia package and were immediately glad we did.
The staff were wonderful & very friendly, the grounds were lovely and well kept and the room was great.

The location just off 5th Ave can't be beat; two minutes walk from the ADO bus station and 60 seconds from the beach. It seems like a more mature or family-oriented hotel and noise levels were low. Considering our stay spanned "Spring Break", I was impressed.

They offer a light complimentary breakfast, perfect to start off your day. Variety is limited but if you're so inclined, there are a dozen or more restaurants within a 5-minute walk to satisfy any cravings.

Don't miss the rooftop sun terrace!!! Complete with deck chairs and amazing ocean view.

We had no complaints at all, only a couple of comments for fellow travellers.
- WiFi only in the lobby/breakfast area (to be expected of course)
- ask for a room off the ground floor. This will let you keep your patio door open to let the breeze through. The A/C worked flawlessly in our room but I'd sooner have the fresh air.
- beds are harder than most of us are used to. Great excuse to have a nap in a beach hammock!

After a week-long stay, we were thoroughly impressed. I wouldn't hesitate recommend this spot to anyone.

Room Tip: - Higher floors for improved security (rooms have sliding doors off the balconies)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tex919
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I enjoy staying here and have reviewed this property several times. Alejandra has done an incredible job of employing a phenomenal staff! I have no valid complaints since discovering this property and over 40 nights of stay. Unfortunately, i was not able to extend my visit as the hotel was fully committed at the time of booking. I did find a room at their sister property, hotel labnah and very grateful that Jose arranged assistance with my luggage (thank you Ibrim) and called ahead to make sure I was taken care of. I always look forward to my next visit! Thanks again Jose and Talia for your never ending kindness and help!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank serrano930
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great service! Great room! Clean! Helpful! GREAT breakfast! Close to the beach! didn't have to wear shoes the whole time i was there. Close to great restaurants and bars and local shopping.I have stayed at this place twice now and will plan many more trips to this place.You are literally 1/2 block from a beautiful beach. maybe two blocks to the ferry,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family