Hotel Lunata
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun(Playa del Carmen)
$445
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$529
$348
Bookit.com
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
$1,323
Melia.com
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla(Playa del Carmen)
$1,852
Melia.com
Viceroy Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$509
$411
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$899
$836
$682
$466
$1,000
$462
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$1,125
$806
$453
$439
All reviewswhere breakfast is servedgarden viewboutique hotelsmall tvbeautiful hoteldefinitely stay here againhotel entranceking roomferry to cozumelavenoisebeachbalconieslocknightlifehoneymoonpesos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This hotel was recommended to us and was exactly what we expected, Quiet and clean, no surprises. We had never been to Playa Del Carmen and this was a good place to start. It's right on the main street,5th avenue, and very close to the beach. There is a continental breakfast served in the morning. To me this is important since I don't like to have to find a restaurant first thing in the morning for a cup of coffee.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tess28Chicago_USA
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We had difficulty with the manager, an older lady and not Kristen who was very friendly. We had a rental car and as the hotel is on a pedestrian only street,we had to park, find the hotel, ask where the nearest parking lot was, go back to the car, find that lot, then come back to the hotel and check in. No porter or anyone to help schlep the bags. Apparently it was porters day off. Manager at check in was rude when I asked her to write down name of parking lot. Here's a bright idea let people know about lot and location ahead of time when you take credit card information.

I paid the entire room fee in cash at check in but was asked to give my credit card as a deposit.

When I asked why the hotel needed a deposit when I had just paid in full things got nasty. The manager seemed outraged at what I considered a reasonable question. How audacious a guest questioning a confusing policy! She snapped it was due to the minbar which had about $5. USD worth of stuff in it.

During my stay I was greeted with sneers while my partner got smiles.

At check out, again no porter I told her I found her most inhospitable.

She retorted that she found me disrespectful at check in. I replied that it is my right to ask a reasonable question and that Mexico is a democracy and perhaps she should work in Saudis Arabia. I reminded her that I was the guest and spending money at her hotel and not the other way round.

Great hotel, I would stay again and just hope the owners had the good sense to fire her, and promote Kristin.

Let people know in advance where your parking arrangements are and where. At 135 USD have someone there to help guests with bags to and from lot, at check out i had to hire my own bicycle richshaw driver as the manager could care less.

Lesson three: don't hassle guests and loose all goodwill for $5 worth on minibar stuff. We are not all theives! Plus the hotel already had my credit card info from check in. Manager made a point of telling me maid had already checked minibar and that nothing was missing!

Manager is getting too long in the tooth and it shows. Good hotel lousy manager.

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank Honestfeedback2u
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We moved to the Lunata Hotel from another hotel because we wanted a more quiet location, and were tired of living out of our suitcases due to lack of storage space. We were totally happy with the Lunata and would go there again. The rooms are beautiful, large, and clean. We had access to a more-than-adequate continental breakfast under a palapa in the garden. With only ten rooms, It was like staying in a Mexican hacienda. The Lunata is located on 5th Avenue and a very short walk to the beach and the Fusion Beach Bar and Restaurant, where guests get a 10 per cent discount and rent their chairs at a very reasonable price. The staff were very helpful and polite.

Room Tip: A room facing the garden would be preferable.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lorettam55
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed there 4 nights. It really doesn't have much to offer other than being right on 5th ave. It is clean. Basic room has no coffee pot. TV has only 2 English channels which are awful.
When I checked the day before, they showed me the basic room, and a better room at a little more cost. When I went the next day to get the room, they to told me the nice room had been booked for 2 months in advance and that I couldn't have it. I was really disappointed, but stayed in the basic room as I was just tired from my long walk to get there. I checked the next day and there are better places with more to offer right on 5th ave or very nearby at about the same price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank djanah64
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This hotel is just perfect, sitting a block from the ocean. The Spanish tile is gorgeous, the employees are beyond accommodating and the garden is beautiful. Hotel Lunata is in the heart of Playa del Carmen but at night the rooms remain quiet. What a lovely little villa, you won't regret booking Lunata!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple