Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
18,815 results
All reviews royal club man made beach pacos tacos fun club sonora grill el pescador first club le buffet time share seafood restaurant beach buffet underground river eco park main buffet swim up bar mayan ruins beach area
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first trip to an all-inclusive in Mexico. We loved this resort! A unique jungle experience. Our kids are 8 and 11 and they loved it. We loved walking between the different buildings, pools and restaurants through the jungle seeing deer, monkeys, racoons, flamingoes and the hotel parrots. The food was awesome. So much to choose from. No reservations needed. No need to wait for the buffet. Only had a minimal wait one night for one of the a la carte restaurants. Minimal dress code - men had to wear closed toe shoes for the evening meals.

Right next door to the Xcaret park and so close to other awesome attractions - Tulum, Rio secreto, dolphin swims.

The resort had a man made inlet off the ocean for swimming as the natural beach is rocky. The are some fish to view for kid friendly snorkeling.

All the staff were so friendly and helpful. We loved our concierge team at Building 18. A big shout out to Mark, Katia, Jack and Geoff. Mark really went above and beyond to help us get the most of our experience. We will be back!

Room tip: We had double beds. Would have preferred Queen size. May want to specify ahead of time.
Date of stay: January 2020
OccidentalatXcaret, Customer Care Coordinator at Occidental at Xcaret Destination, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We would like to thank you for taking the time to highlight our hotel features down to the detail. We are absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the proactivity and kindness of our staff. Our staff attaches a great importance to our guests’ well-being and has the pleasure to make unforgettable experiences for you at each visit. We will share your comments with all the team to encourage them to continue improving, and will take into great consideration your opinion.

And you are right in regards of the "Xcaret Park" it looks like an extension of our hotel, since is so close and you can go just walking or having the boat ride! The Unlimited Experience is the best option to enjoy the park everyday as you enjoy the resort.

It is so glad to hear that you are coming back! It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

wow had a great time at this resort. the rooms were comfortable, service excellent, loved the wildlife and the natural surroundings. the staff went above to make our stay memorable by their kindness and friendly attitude.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent experience at Occidental at Xcaret Destination. Our goal is to serve all our guests with the highest level of service and satisfaction. We are always concerned about guests’ wellbeing and strive to make their holiday an unforgettable experience.

It gives me a great pride to know that our staffs are commended for their kindness and professionalism.

We appreciated your sincere and constructive comments. Please know that one of our main goals is to work on a daily basis to constantly improve our services and guest satisfaction.

It was a pleasure to host your holiday and hopefully you will provide us an opportunity to host your holiday once again.

Regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed her a couple of times.My most recent stay was with my family from Christmas to the New Year with my family. I opted for the Royal Level to celebrate the holiday.

My first issue was the need to constantly have the keys reprogrammed to enter my room. While this sounds like a minor issue, I had to wait in line, take the shuttle, etc. for what would have otherwise been a quick stop in the room. After the third day I encountered a man that said he was having the same issue. The workers eventually stopped apologizing for this.

The smell of sewer gas went throughout the Royal Level complex. The first night it filled the room - I chalked it up to chance and aired out the room. After the second night I let management know. They offered to transfer me to another room. I have a daughter that does not do well with change and the whole complex smelled every night after dinner. I assume maybe a backwashing pool pushing sewer gas up through the fixtures. How it got into the air outside, I don't know.

The water was yellow. A nice whirlpool of yellow water. Not much more to say.

They tampered with our luggage. This is presumably due to my complaint about the air and keys.

I submitted a complaint online - but corporate was interested. I am in the process of emailing corporate.

Stay away.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank BCMcMinn

Thank you for taking the time to share your Occidental at Xcaret Destination experience. We have taken all your feedback on board and this will be used constructively to perfect our future guests’ experience.

I’m very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience at Occidental at Xcaret Destination. We pride ourselves on providing guests with amazing and memorable vacations, offering high quality service, and we regret that this is not what you experienced.

Your comments regarding our Royal Level surprise us because we usually receive very good feedback from our guest for the excellent service they receive in all the resort. We will review them with their manager in order to avoid this incidents in the future.

We understand that no one expects these kind of incidents on vacations, your situation is being handled by the Occidental Customer Service department.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Where do I start, this was our first time in Mexico and I received great praise for this resort from a friend and I must say it didn’t disappoint. The resort itself is beautiful it is a large resort but the way it is laid out helps minus the feel of that. The grounds were kept immaculate and the wildlife on this resort was also stunning. Our Concierges in building 21 we’re wonderful, helpful and very friendly thank You Bridget and Paval. Room 21213 is a spacious room we didn’t have any trouble we always had hot water Refrigerator work perfectly and the air conditioning also worked great, it was a gardenview room but that was ok. As the monkeys came to visit for bananas in the mornings.
The food was also outstanding although we didn’t really care for the seafood restaurant but that’s just our personal experience.
There’s a number of pools and one can always find a lounger. The beach area is very nice although there isn’t much shade.
If you can you must experience the eco park next door called Xcaret it was mind blowing and you need more then one day to see it all. The Mayan show at 5 pm was beautiful. And there Spectacular show at 7 pm was just that SPECTACULAR!!
That about sums it up. They was no hassling just totally relaxation. Helpful this is helpful, I know we’ll be back. Enjoy!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

It is wonderful to read that we met and exceeded your expectations. Our aim is to impress each and every one of our guests and I am happy to know that we succeeded in your case.

We will never grow tired of reading such complimenting reviews or of providing the type of service that warrants feedback such as yours.

The biggest compliment that our team can get is your desire to return. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our second stay at the Occidental Xcaret and sadly we were disappointed. Our first visit was 7 years ago and at that time, we were very pleased. Since then, the hotel has definitely gone downhill. The service, some of the restaurants, quality of the food... just not up to par. When we visited the steak restaurant, we felt very rushed and the food quality was below average. The Sports Bar on a Saturday at 5:00PM had no waiter and just water and chips on the bar for guests to help themselves. On a brighter note, the Oriental Restaurant staff and food was excellent. And the buffet staff were also very good. So not all bad.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank mojito08

We would like to express our most sincere gratefulness for choosing one more time our Resort to spend your vacations!

I am sorry to read that this time it was not according your expectations. We are always concerned about guests’ wellbeing and strive to make their holiday an unforgettable experience.

I do hope we are going to be able to restore your confidence into our brand in your next stay.

Kind Regards,