39 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$249
Hurb$249
Priceline$239
Orbitz.com$233
20,486 results
All reviews royal club man made beach pacos tacos fun club first club el pescador sonora grill le buffet time share seafood restaurant beach buffet underground river eco park main buffet mayan ruins swim up bar vacation club
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2019

From the moment we got here we were amazed by the natural beauty of this place. Our room was very nice and very comfortable and quiet. Definitely will be back here with our toddler. Special thanks to Maricarmen Villasenor from the beach for all the tips to getting the most out of our stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank FastZ21
OccidentalatXcaret, Customer Care Coordinator at Occidental at Xcaret Destination, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent experience at Occidental at Xcaret Destination. Our goal is to serve all our guests with the highest level of service and satisfaction. We are always concerned about guests’ wellbeing and strive to make their holiday an unforgettable experience.

It is indeed a pleasure to receive such a nice review highlighting our facilities, services, and most of all, our staff professionalism and kindness. We do our very best to ensure our guests are taken care of, from the moment they arrive until the time of departure.

It is so glad to hear that you are coming back! It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

The hotel is perfect for familys and group tours. Be sure to book your excursions from Mexico instead of Trip Advisor Viatour. Viatour is not as connected to the outing and you will not have good service. I highly reccomend booking any trip with the Royal conierge staff Paula Pena, She is intellegient, clear, understanding, and very helpful. Her staff is attentive and Senor Alondra Bravo was gracious and she answered my questions happily and offered me water when she saw I was hot. The gentelman Rodrigo Armando Guided offered excellent advice and assisted us with ways to discover Mexico rivers on kayaks.

When I was at the beach, Maricarmen Villasenor made my experience spiritual, inviting and completely comfortable. She is engaging and informative, and made me feel at home and interested to return to stay at Xcaret and explore more of the area and the culture here. She is an exmpleary person with great courage, love and strength.

The hotel rooms at Occidental Royal with a king room and sleeper sofa was carefully groomed and well appointed. Fresh water, coffee, chocolate on beds, and concientious and quiet while attending to their tasks. I felt safe to leave my belongings, they did not touch one thing! So kind and respectful.

The Royal chef created decious dinners, breakfast and lunch at all time. The staff Omar was a delight, he was joyful and funny, yet quick and attentive and very intelligent. There were many other waiters, and they share the same fame as Omar even though I forgot their names. What a staff @ the Royal Club. Worth every penny.

I am grateful my Group Bodly Embody Grace choice this resort to explore the connection of Spirit of Mujere on Earth! Via con Dios!!!

Room tip: Occidental Royal, Building 32, corner rooms
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Julie H

Thank you for taking the time to share your Occidental at Xcaret Destination experience. We have taken all your feedback on board and this will be used constructively to perfect our future guests’ experience.

We truly appreciate your comments about our Royal Level. I agree with you that our Royal staff is recognized for the high level of attention they have with our guests offering them a treatment worthy of royalty.

We will never grow tired of reading such complimenting reviews or of providing the type of service that warrants feedback such as yours.

It was an honor to host you and your family and I hope that Occidental at Xcaret Destination will be your number one choice for future family vacations.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend visited this hotel in November last year and we can honestly say it was the most amazing hotel we've both ever stayed in. The staff were so lovely and everyone happy to help you. This hotel is right in the jungle with a lot of wildlife which is amazing to see. The monkeys visited our balcony every day. The buffet restaurant was amazing, with great variety. We ate at every restaurant and we had no complaints. We got the option with Xcaret park included and that was a huge added bonus. Basically if you are hesitating to go to this hotel...stop and just GO!!!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank H5716VVamyr
OccidentalatXcaret, Customer Care Coordinator at Occidental at Xcaret Destination, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

It gives me a great pride to know that our staffs are commended for their kindness and professionalism.

It was a pleasure to host your holiday and hopefully you will provide us an opportunity to host your holiday once again.

Reviewed September 13, 2019

My initial plan was to spend the week I celebration to my babies birthday, turned out to feel a lot more than that. It felt like a celebration for not only my baby but my wife and I, that was the level of satisfaction and joy we felt while our stay at this resort, not to mention how we got in our package thee unlimited access to Xcaret. That was a huge plus and a whole new experience aside from the experience at the resort. Loved It.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Culture47765018650

We appreciated your sincere and constructive comments. Please know that one of our main goals is to work on a daily basis to constantly improve our services and guest satisfaction. I have noted all your comments and suggestions which I will constructively use to improve our services and facilities.

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

Where do I begin, let me start by saying the hotel is beautiful, the grounds are fantastic, wild life amazing. The Hotel visually is fabulous. How ever, the staff are the down fall, staff are rushed off their feet, seem to be deflated, and not very happy, very sarcastic and laugh about you. The buffet restaurant runs more like a Thorpe Park canteen, and food quite frankly dire, tables never laid, or half laid, we ended up going to the drawer and getting our own cutlery one night, had to keep asking for drinks, Even the speciality restaurant food was hopeless. Though the fish restaurant was semi good. Staff were not willing to bend over backwards to help you, my nephew had a birthday and wanted to go to a certain restaurant one night so we asked if we could book a table for 10 at 8pm, they even wouldn't do that, the ladies on the helpdesk, (not reception)were extremely rude, considering my dad paid 20k for all of us to go, you would think they would make an acception. No glass of juice or fizz on arrival. No lovely greeting, our maid was lovely however in our room Claudia I think she was called in block 18 always kind. The holiday itself was amazing as we were there as a family so we had each other to make it perfect. We did diving, swam with Dolphins, went to Chictin Itza, it was Just a shame the staff were unhappy. Also be aware if you book through Tui your getting basic package... you may want to consider upgrading to royal level when your out there, I hear it's a different experience totally, but again if your spending 20k you expect some sort of descent service.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Chrissie W

We would like to thank you for choosing Occidental as your holiday destination during your visit to Riviera Maya. Our guests play a key role in helping us to improve our services and we truly appreciate the feedback.

We appreciated your sincere and constructive comments, I have noted all your comments and suggestions which I will constructively use to improve our services and facilities.

Please accept our apologies for not living up to your expectations and thank you so much for the taking the time to write this review as it give us the opportunity to improve.

We would love to have a second opportunity to demonstrate you the high quality standards our brand is known for.