We stayed at this resort from the 19th September - 3 October and could not fault it.
This was lovely with penty of choice for everyone, the buffet resturant have a different theme every night which is repeated the next week and out of the 2 weeks the only night I struggled to find something was on Western Night.
I was travelling with a 2 year old and he wanted feeding before the rest of the party and if you ask in the main buffet resturant they will give you a plastic container so you can get a takeaway.
We only tried the fish resturant and found the staff here very helpful and as none of us could decide what we fancied they advised us to order 2 dishes per person and then share.
These were all lovely, and all had shallow areas where you could put your sunbeds into the water and had either gradual slopes or steps to get into the main pool so it was very child friendly and in the main pool there were always plenty of activities happening to keep you entertained and there were never a shortage of sunbeds.
We went to the quite pool which is next to block 17 as there was hardly anyone there and when you wanted a drink you never had to wait whereas by the main pool sometimes you could be waiting for up to 10 minutes before you were served and it made no difference whether you tipped them or not because of the number of people at that pool.
Very clean and very well maintained.
We saw quite a lot of animals running in and out of the trees some of which I have never seen before so that was lovely.
The rooms were spotless and were cleaned everyday, but did smell fousty. We had fresh towels daily, and as we had a little one with us they refilled our fridge daily rather then every 2 days.
This is very small and the sand was quite hard but there are fish in the sea and if you take bread etc from the buffet with you they will come and eat it out of your hands.
We were talking to the waiters and they told us about their local beach which cost $10usd to get there by taxi and it was lovely, it is within walking distance to playa del carmen. We asked at reception and they told us the name of the beach.
This was very good with a lovely pool for them and games etc inside for when the sun gets a little too hot for them.
This was good, be careful of the monkeys by the mexican village as they had a baby with them and were very protective of the baby and as people were getting too close to get a photo they did start to attack and were running off with peoples cameras.
We went swimming with the dolphins which was fantastic, it cost us $149 usd and we were in the water for 1 hour with them.
The only downside to the hotel were the biting inspects, we took jungle sprays etc with us and we were all bit to hell.
I would difinately go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental at Xcaret Destination in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Barcelo, TravelUp, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Occidental at Xcaret Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret