My boyfriend and myself have just returned for this hotel and it was amazing, having read some reviews i was a little worried - no need to be it was even better than i expected when i first booked. Yes the beach is really small, i wasnt prepared for it being that small but the pools are really good so we didnt bother with the beach. The rooms are good, the maid was lovely, filled our mini bar everyday with whatever we wanted. Staff are really friendly and the place is spot less, wherever you go people are cleaning. The pools were fab, get a tube and laze in the pool with a cocktail - pure heaven. You will see animals throught the hotel grounds such as deer, peacocks, parrots, monkeys and the odd lizard (maybe even in your room).
Make sure you take a taxi to Playa Del Carmen it is beautiful, lots of shops and bars etc. Expect to pay about 80 pesos or $8USD.
Xcaret - very dissapointed, we went snorkelling and the only time you got to see fish was at the very end, i even saw a rat near the water (freaked me out). The animals there are good though and your ticket is included in the price of your hotel, you can come in and out of the park and hotel as many times as you like during the day for lunch etc.
If you are staying at this hotel have a wonderful time we certainly did, we may even go back in the future we loved it that much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental at Xcaret Destination in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HRS, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental at Xcaret Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret