We stayed at the resort from 8/1 to 8/8, wish it was longer. Everything start to finish was fantastic, from the hotel staff, grounds, food, pools.. I definitely recommend staying in the Royal Club section mainly because it had the best restaurant (just for Royal Club guests), beautiful views and a nice quiet getaway once you are done at the beach and main pools. They really do treat you like royalty, everyone was great to my husband and I, but especially to our children (7 and 9). Special thanks to Stephanie, Oberloin, Hernan, Francisco, Raul, Samuel and Roberto (sorry if I missed anyone). Also, to the chefs in the Royal Club restaurant, every meal was super. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and room service. The traditional taco lunch was one of my favorites. Thanks also to cleaning and grounds crew for keeping everything so clean and beautiful.
It was great to see all of the wildlife on the resort (monkeys, McKaws, deer, Terons etc..) and to walk on the beautiful trails throughout. We met some great people while there and hope to come back again soon. Our only comment (and not much can be done about it..since the resort is built in a rocky section) is that we wished the cove/beach area were a little larger for taking walks along the shore. Other than that all great things!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental at Xcaret Destination in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental at Xcaret Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret