Absolutely loved this hotel. Location, food, service, rooms and pools all exceeded expectation vs the price we paid.
The buffet was great, I really don't know how you couldn't find something suitable. If anything there was too much choice! Burgers for lunch or carved meat and crusty fresh bread. A la cart also great, particularly enjoyed the Mexican and sea food.
Rooms / pools
Rooms were great, plenty in the mini bar which was stocked every day. Pools fantastic, we weren't fans of the activity pool or the beach so much, but the pool closer to the lobby was very peaceful and had plenty of loungers all times.
Fantastic. A special mention too Maria cruz at guest services who went out of her way to fix a problem with xcaret tickets which was caused by our travel agent. She even got us upgraded to the royal club for the last night.
The royal club!
If you're wondering if its worth it IT IS!! We had an amazing view over the sea, petty much the whole pool area and cabanas to ourselves as well as the luxury of room service.
Keep your expectation in check and you won't go wrong. We are on the hunt for an occidental for our honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental at Xcaret Destination in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental at Xcaret Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret