My friend and I just got back from a week at the resort and we could have stayed another week. Here are the cons.. 1- bring your own coffee it's weak unless you pay 3 american for one from the coffee bar. 2-people asking you to sign up for there excursions alot but you just say no thank you and get on with your day. 3-no clocks in your room. We heard that you could get wii fii for a fee but we didn't use it. Now for the pros..1-Staff was very friendly 2-Food was good just pick what suits you.3-Our room was 20306 and it was clean and had extra towels and umbrella and our maid was awesome! 4-We sat every morning on our balcony and watched the monkeys eat and jump from tree to tree in front of us AMAZING! 5-There are paths to see everything from ruins to howler monkeys, flamingos,iguanas,and other creatures :) 6-The beach is small but no waves ,so you can swim even in the worst weather and snorkel with the fish right there. 7-Xcarat park is just a 5 min gondola ride away. 8-So many things to do on sight with the fun club.
I was worried after reading reviews that things might not be so great but it was excellent! As for any trip it's what you make of it, We will go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental at Xcaret Destination in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental at Xcaret Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret