We stayed at this resort the second week of October 2012 , From the moment my sister my mother and I walked in the resort, we were treated like royalty. The staff at the Royal Club is absolutely amazing. The best complement goes to Joel Vazquez, he was always happy to drive everyone around, He was very helpful and extremely proud of the work he does. I noticed more than once that some guests were not being very kind. Joel handled the situation with such honer and humility, It really showed his character. The girls at the royal club were so helpful, and always had a smile on their faces, Adriana and Lourdes. Every time we walked in they offered us champagne, which tasted so good on such a hot day. Ismael , Javier y Antonio at the royal club restaurant were also friendly and happy. They gave us directions to places to visit and tours to take. Every time they saw us by the pool, we were asked if we needed a drink. Also, I cant forget Magadalena Peluches, she works at the other restaurants on the resort. She works so hard to attend to her tables , it was upsetting to us that a lot of the guests did not tip and acted quite rude towards the servers, however they kept working hard to make sure everyone was having a good time. Magdalena served us one morning and I had forgotten my wallet, I apologized and she just smiled and told me it was a pleasure to serve us. We came back the next morning and she greeted us with the same great smile. Juan Gomez was a great guy to talk to , always happy and full of information.
The rooms at the resort are so clean and nice , the beds are very comfortable, and the grounds are kept immaculate. I will recommend this resort. There is a huge variety of foods at all the restaurants. We did not have a problem trying to get in at all.
I did not know what to expect, because I read mixed reviews about this place but I am so glad that we decided to stay at Occidental grand xcaret. It was a marvelous holiday. I enjoyed my time with my mother and sister. I highly recommend you rent a car, taxis can end up being a big expense. The roads are in great condition. I must add we visited cancun , playa del carmen , isla mujeres, Akumal, and we never felt unsafe. On the contrary, Mexican people look out for tourists. I came back, Mexican at heart. You must go to the show at the grand xcaret park. It is a must see show.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental Grand Xcaret Resort in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental Grand Xcaret Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Occidental Grand Xcaret All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret