Stayed here for 10 days and enjoyed it .
Wonderful snorkeling right off the beach/saltwater stone pool area. Coral is coming in nicely and tons of fish. You can even snorkel in the salt water pool. We were in bldg. 16 so we were central to all areas. Room was standard (when we checked in we were placed in a substandard room, went back to the First Club rep. and we were moved asap. Seems the first room was yet to be renovated)
Bathroom sink wouldn't drain, called the operator, and within 5 minutes a service man was there to fix it. Got locked out of our safe, and same response....5 minutes and security was there to unlock it.
Food and drinks were lackluster.....we were so unimpressed with the ala carte restaurants (never made you feel that it was "special"and food was so-so) so we ate at the buffet 8 nights, but that was always pretty much the same. Food was just ok.
All in all a very relaxing vacation with nice people.
Some have complained of poor service....I'm a firm believer that you get what you give!
The attitude of so many guests is laughable! We meet the most wonderful people because we took the time to talk with them. I know it's all-inclusive but..... would it kill guest to leave a token tip($1-$2) at meals....if I can't afford to bring $100 with me for tips then I should stay home! And another thing is the wasted food........people load their plates like they haven't eaten in 5 days, and then leave most of it behind so they can load up on deserts. You can go back as often as you want, so why load up? A little respect goes a long ways.
How is that perceived by the staff? Greedy, wasteful, spoiled tourist!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental at Xcaret Destination in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HRS, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Occidental at Xcaret Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret