I recently came back from a 5 day trip with my sister and had a fantastic time! Here are some specific reviews:
Transportation - We booked a shuttle transfer from the airport to the hotel through Best Day Travel. Roundtrip was around $40 a person. Note: They don't give you the return ticket at the airport so you have to wait around in the lobby the following day at 3pm for the Best Day rep. However we found out the Best Day rep is in the lobby every day from 2pm-5pm so you can work this around your sightseeing schedule. The front desk will not hold the packet for you.
Room: We didn't upgrade rooms(black wrist bands?) so the one we got was a normal queen size bed. The bed was a little uncomfortable but that's the only complaint I had. We got a room right by the beach so it was an easy walk whenever we wanted to go lay out. Bathrooms were nice.
Drinks: I read through other reviews before we started our trip and agree with everyone else that the drinks are weak. However, we soon discovered that Corona and wine are on tap so we just had that the whole trip.
Food: There are 3 restaurants and a Buffet. There is a schedule that you get when you check in on which 3 are open for dinner. All were great but it was strange to be eating Italian and Japanese when you're in Mexico. We preferred the Mexican restaurant and went twice cause it was so good! The staff is also extremely friendly!
Activities: I recommend talking to Angel at the activity desk! My sister and I wanted to go snorkeling with sea turtles and he set us up on the BEST adventure for around $80 a person. We booked with Your Underwater World and were picked up by our guide Vincenzo. Make sure you ask for him cause he was so much fun! We went snorkeling with the sea turtles and then went snorkeling in a hidden cenote. The group was small with only 10 people so it was easy to talk and get to know one another.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico