We went here in May 2014 for 12 days for our Honeymoon. We were immediately greeted with a welcome cocktail. The check-in only took us 10min and after that we were quickly taken to our room with a golf cart. We had booked a standard room but as part of the honeymoon advantages the hotel offers, we were got upgraded and we also got a romantic diner on the beach for free. This was a really nice touch.
Our room was very spacious and clean with an excellent working air conditioning. The location of our room was great: we were right in the middle so everything was close by. We only had one problem: every time we took a shower the bathroom completely flooded.
We tried all the restaurant several times except for the Italian. This wasn't really to our taste and it was very hot when we visited it. The El Charro offered authentic Mexican food which we really appreciated. At first, we were a bit sceptical to try the Blue moon because it has quite a special menu but in the end we were so glad we did because the food was excellent. I also advise you to try and get a seat at the hibachi grill with chef Nick (he puts on a very entertaining show and it's a nice way of socializing with other guests).
We liked going to the quiet pool but unfortunately this meant that you had to get down at 6:00-6:30 am if you wanted to have a lounger with an umbrella as the hotel was almost completely full. At the other pool, you could still find a spot around 7:30 but it is indeed true that it can sometimes get a bit loud at this pool in the afternoon but it didn't bother us that much.
I would certainly like to mention Miguel at the pool bar. He was so friendly and always remembered our drinks. But I do have to say that every single staff member was extremely friendly. We have never encountered this before.
All in all, for the price you pay this hotel is really worth visiting and even re-visiting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico