The one thing missing was an ocean view from our room. apartment style complex
There are ocean view rooms so if it is important to you then you may need to pay extra and make sure to mention it at reservation.
What a gorgeous place! grounds great! wildlife, rooms were modern, clean and comfortable, resort was small easy to get around. It was my b day and they sent me a cake and card to my room.
Pools right by the ocean you can relax and still see the ocean from the pool
Pool is not a big party more subdued w/music playing but with no kids the resort takes on a VERY relaxed and posh atmosphere.
Beach: sporadic waiter service but I walked to the bar often (exercise:) beach is powder, long and clean there is a glass wall but this mean you are that close to the ocean and you could go either right of left of it and be right on the beach, water was lovely, fishes swimming at your feet.
Daily activities, volleyball, kayaking etc! to the left of the resort down the beach a 10 min walk is a natural lagoon. We also kayaked to the lagoon one day with a few cold ones and had a great time
lounger chairs and Palapa's no problem getting one..you my have to drag it to where you want to be , but so what.
Cabana beds were a nice touch and you do not have to be VIP to use them.
Food was ok at buffet the fresh juices were great! the ala carte restaurants were very good!! house wine is TERRIBLE but you can buy a bottle as you will not have a choice, consider buying some and bring it with you!
Massage on beach professional, relaxing and reasonable price
Staff Service was very good, the staff always go out of their way to make you feel good if you smile and are friendly, and tip and TRY to say a few Spanish words they work hard for you!
Night life there was a Saxophone player that could be heard through out the resort, before dinner nice touch!. If you are with a partner I think it is perfect place for a romantic time.
The nightly entertainment was good but this time I did not go although I could see the stage from the plaza,,staying outside was a big deal to me, as the winter in Canada was very long.
Buying from the locals feels great! support small business! they came twice in the week with lots of things to buy.
Partying not so much...but we did jump into the pool the first night with new friends, if you want to party every night this is not the right place it is very quite after midnight , unless you leave to go to the clubs! Coco Bongo's(book it at hotel) is the best party ever!! been to the one in Cancun and now Playa what a great time!
Transportation to during the day to town or Tulum easy as we took a a shuttle van easy they stop on the highway and pick you up! you have to walk to highway 10mins (exercise) nice vans, and cheap..all the way to Tulum! and back.go to Tulum and get a guide if you have not gone before.
The other guests were great it is an international hotel, met new friends from France, Britain, USA.
Just remember if you want a little more subdued/romantic holiday this is a good spot, if you want to party hard and loud you may need to go somewhere else or you will be bored in the evenings
I went with a single girlfriend this time and would not go back with a girlfriend not enough single people for her to meet, but I would go back with my husband. I would go to a RIU for a pary atmosphere.
Thank you Ocean Maya I had a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico