I would like to say this is the first all inclusive resort I have ever been to so I have nothing to compare it to. I love when we walked in we were greeted with margaritas!!! I guess the party started. We went to the front desk and they had the Cutest Trainee Israel checking us in... I will like to say Israel did a good job for his first time :) We were checked into room 1701. He explained what times for Breakfast, lunch and dinner and drew us a diagram on how to get there. We were put in the cart and taken to our room.
The room: I am sorry to say though it was very clean it smelled damp... very musty but we got used to it on day 2. I opened the patio door to get the smell out. We were given separate beds instead of a kings size and they pushed it together and made a SUPER BED!!! I loved it.
Room service is not 24 hours starts @ 11pm. It was mostly soup salad, cheeseburgers, club sandwich. If you finish the drinks in your minibar they will charge you per pop.. like 3 USD per pop.... so yes I never finished anything in the minibar lol. They do stock it up with a lot of things you have to literally be a camel to finish the drinks in your minibar.
Please let the cleaning staff know when you are ready for them to clean your room. They will do so but you kinda have to schedule it.
The Pool: They have 2 pools one where the party is at!! and a very quiet pool looking at me I was at the quiet one:) LOL but they had great games and fun things going on there.
Food: WAS GREAT!!! I loved everything I ate it was delicious it well made and the presentation was great. I LOVE their breakfast buffet. Their sausages were so delicious they reminded me of Nigeria. I loved all they mandarin orange juice in the morning. You go to haciendas for breakfast and if you are privileged you can have breakfast at the La dolce Italian restaurant. Well I wasn't privileged but you can be privileged for a extra 40USD a day per person :) so I was looking at 80USD we declined and at with the masses.
The Beach: Well not what I expected but better than what I see in my hometown. I didn't go in it but we laid in the cabana the whole time. We did a lot of sunbathing.
Staff: I loved them they were very polite and coached me with my Spanish :)
I love Yuri at the front desk. and Israel :)
We spent 4 beautiful days here and we love the fact they remembered who we were and I really like it. See you next year XOXO
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Prestigia, Agoda, HotelsClick, HotelsforEveryone, Jetsetter, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico