First stay was Sept. 2012 for 5 nights. This time we brought 3 other people to experience all the beauty that Ocean Maya had to offer. Was very excited to come back as 5 nights didn't quite seem enough. Just as beautiful as the last time we stayed here...grounds are immaculate. Rooms are very modern and well kept. We were there celebrating 3 birthdays the week March 15-March 22. Had a nice surprise when I came back to my room on the night of my birthday where there was a cake with a nice Happy Birthday note. Thank you for the added touch..the cake was delicious!
The food is very good. We have stayed at a few other resorts in the area and Ocean Maya has the best food of all. It actually seemed to be even better than before, if that was possible. The only complaint in the food department everyone in our group had was the margarine. It actually ruined the taste of food. I would not even use it. Needless to say, we all gained weight the week we were there. Our favourite dinner was the Japanese, especially the cooking show with Nick. It was my moms birthday dinner and Nick was so entertaining and made the whole experience very fun! And the food was delicious!
The beach...many complaints about the beach online but I had no complaints, the sand is soft, and if you walk the beach in both directions you quickly realize that Ocean Maya has the best, and well kept beach in the area. The first few days were very windy and the water was not very clear but then when the winds finally calmed down the water was clear enough to see all the fish swimming around us.
The lobby bar is filled with lots of comfortable seating...this is a plus after the last few resorts we have been to that did not offer very comfortable seating, or enough for that matter. The waitresses (jo and cece) sorry, not sure on spelling, work so hard in the lobby bar, and were so sweet. Thanks for the great service girls. We had a lot of fun!
The last day we stayed there they were in the process of replacing all the beds at the resort with pillowtop mattresses so no need to worry about all the reviews of the beds being too hard. (At least they looked like they would be comfortable)
We all enjoyed our vacation at Ocean Maya Royale and I am sure we will return again one day. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico