My girlfriend and I stayed here October 2013 and really enjoyed it.
We decided to take the privilege upgrade and although people say its not worth the extra I would disagree. The personal touch with privilege was great. No local spirits all top shelf brands, private section on beach with waitress service, free wifi everywhere, free room service and unlimited champagne!!. If you can stretch a bit further go for it.
Food was excellent with a choice of Italian , tapanyaki , Mexican and the usual buffet restaurant. Didn't get board of food once.
Hotel and grounds absolutely immaculate with loads of wildlife running around. We had our own little coatie we nick named Ernie who joined us for breakfast every morning. Cute.
Staff in the main were very polite and would like to say a special thank you to Alberto the waiter and Azusena who was our waitress on privilege beach. Both great people and made us feel very special.
The only negative was the pool with swim up bar. It was very noisy and crowded with a lot of American weekenders looking to party. Suppose it's a bit like going to Majorca from the UK so can't really complain too much but seemed that the waiters in the swim up bar are completely motivated by tips which our American friends are more than happy to do if it gets them served quicker which can mean you waiting a while unless you flash the dollar.
Met some great people British, Canadian and American and would not hesitate in going back again in the future. Mexico is FANTASTIC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico