My husband and I just returned from a 6 day trip to this hotel. We have traveled to Dominican,Jamaica, and st.lucia so you can say we have some experience when it comes to all inclusives. However, we are not ones to complain ! I am only giving my honest opinion. The staff are amazing but they are short staffed!! It takes some time to receive service at the restaurants and for the cleaning ladies, our room didn't get made up until 5 pm one day! our room wasnt ready in time when
we first arrived at the hotel either, which was a bit annoying. It wasnt ready until 5 pm. Also, They don't offer turn down service. This is the first hotel that I have seen that doesn't do this. The cleaning ladies are good but some things are missed like stocking enough towels and taking out garbage.
They do have lumpy hard pillows. i did not get very restful sleeps because of this. If you like your pillow plush you won't find them here unfortunately. The lounge chair reservations is ridiculous. Don't expect to find a lounge chair by the pool at 10 am. And you will have a hard time finding a good seat by the beach unless you wake up at 7 am to reserve your chair.
Ok now for the positives: the food is great. We liked the Italian but loved the Asian restaurant! Watching the chef cook for us was a great experience.
The entertainment staff kind of make this resort! They are a great group and really lift this hotel up a step. The evening shows were great.
Mike's cafe is a nice touch for an afternoon specialty coffee.
Pools were nice and clean.
Rooms were spacious.
So overall, we think this resort is about 3.5 to 4 stars. For the price it is worth it. I wish I brought my own pillow so I could have gotten some good sleeps though. We probably won't return but only because there are so many other hotels to try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico