Just back from 2 weeks at this all inclusive resort & really felt the need to give it the praise it deserves. From the top:
Arrival was smooth, well run & relaxed - just what was needed after 15+ hours travelling. Brief but sufficient overview given of the hotel facilities / locations. Room was as expected & good sized, with plesent private balcony, even though on ground floor. Great aircon in there.
Food / drink - All 3 Al a Carte restaurants were eaten in & excellent food & service in them, especially the Japanese. This offered cooking at table eating, mixed with a "bit of a show" by the chef of knife juggling / flaming dishes etc. Main restaurant buffet area offered consistently good food, with a good variety of taste / dishes & plenty of seating always available. Great range of cocktails, presented well & quickly made. Local free beer was Corona - result!!
Grounds of the resort were excellently presented, very clean, plenty of wildlife running about in them. Good sized pools & beach area, with sufficient sun loungers, but maybe not enough offering shade.
Staff - always polite, friendly & acknowledged you all the time, without seeming pushy for tips. We did however tip often, as the service across the board was excellent & staff always seemed genuinely grateful for the tip. Even had a couple of rainy days when all the staff could not do enough to entertain the guests, who had been forced away from the pool with poker tables / karaoke / additional bar staff on etc.
Only downsides were:
- Loungers under shade / by parasols were all towel blocked by 8am most days (although the resort promotes a no holding policy...)
- Couple of occasions their were no towels available at the pool, but were down within an hour or two each time.
- Had 3 / 14 days where we had to chase the room being made up, as not done by after lunch
Over all, both myself & my wife though this place was excellent. If your thinking about booking here, just do it. Great resorts, excellent staff, I'd be amazed if you didn't come back as impressed as us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico