We Returned yesterday from a fantastic two week. This is a smaller hotel than other all inclusive hotels we have stayed in in Mexico, the attention to detail made us feel special. Rooms were clean and modern, there was a lot of work going on around the hotel during the last couple of days we were there. We were not pleased when they stared drilling by the side of the pool.
Food was good always something to try and no upset stomachs which is always a bonus. We ate at the Japanese restaurant three times as it was so good. Drinks where a little hit and miss some stronger than others.
The manager of the hotel is visible around the hotel checking the restaurants and pool area, we were lucky enough to be invited to a special dinner with all the managers which was cooked by the head chef, this meal was fantastic and made even more special by the managers waiting the tables and meeting people from several countries.
The sun bed run which starts about 6.30 if you want shade was a real pain the hotel needs to provided more sun beds and parasols. The pools are clean and we enjoyed being by the active pool which could get rather noisy especially in the afternoon.
The evening entertainment was good but repetitive, the entertainment team have so much enthusiasm and do not push you to join in.
The lobby bar was very noisy during the first week but this was all nationalities. Jo-Jo a waitress in the bar made our holiday as she was friendly and funny. During the second week most people left the bar about 12 maybe as they knew they had to get up for the sunbed run.
In conclusion this holiday has been one of our best made special by people we met. We would love to return soon or another H10 hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Prestigia, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Jetsetter, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico