This place was amazing, I cannot believe the staff here. I have been traveling AI for 15 year's and can honestly say, the employees here made our vacation. From check-in to check out, you will be happy.
We arrived around 3:30 were greated by smiles, a cold drink and a helpful happy reception. 1 of our room's was not completed (no worries) we ventured to the lobby bar, ordered a drink and sat out in the warm sun. Within 5 minutes we were told it was ready no need to hurry, just call when we wanted our bag's brought up.
We ate at the buffet restaurant our first night, the choices were plentiful, some a bit on the cool side, but nothing that would cause us to be disappointed. Lot's of fresh fruit's and vegetable's, my favorites.
Restaurants: Buffet: Lot's to chose from, we had great wait staff as well, would like to thank Imelda and Ivonne for their smiles every morning and willing to please. Cannot say enough about them...just wonderful. They also worked the pool area throughout the day...run, run, run and alway's with a smile. Never forgot a drink that our large group had ordered.
Mexican: Our least favorite...we were expecting something great and got mediocre, the athmosphere was also not as good as the other's. Daniel was our favorite employee here.
Itailian: Was very good, our wait staff were super friendly, efficient and the food delicious.
Japanese: Delicious and very filling, no chance you will go hungry here. Nick was our hibatchi host and did a spectacular job. Involving the guest's and making a nice show of it, bravo Nick. This was our favorite.
Lunch: They do have a building next to the pool, burgers, fries etc...we enjoyed the LaCienda buffet more, plus it was a nice walk.
Pools: Quiet pool, we did play water polo here, for a short time it was the activity pool. Didn't seem to bother the guest's that were watching the game. Had some compliments and applause when we finished. Activity Pool: Lot's of fun, the staff again were terrific...thank you Amy Jean, Carmen, Javier, Denise, David, Giovanni and all the others. Involving everyone that wished to join the games. Pool Bar: Bartendar's Rafeal and Daniel were great, running the blenders constantly...Daniel was a good waiter around the pool, he had the late shift after the others left.
Beach: This is not a resort known for a great beach, I got plenty of exercise walking on it. I saw lots of people enjoying the sunbed's...didn't hear allot of complaints. Did have some wash up sea weed, no big deal...it's the ocean!!!
Our room was very nice, large with sofa bed, arm chair, small table, desk and chair. Furnished with a iron and board, safe, shelves and some drawers. We had an ocean view and close to the pools. Bathroom had a large shower and toilet in one room and the sink in the outside area. We spent allot of time sitting on the balcony, enjoying the beautiful scenery and warm ocean breeze.
Grounds: They were amazing, perfectly groomed alway's being worked on. Worker's seem to take pride the beauty of this or I do not think it would be so amazing. Pressure washing the sidewalks everyday. Cannot say enough on the beauty of it.
There is a lagoon to the left of the resort, I took a couple of trips there...the water was quite refreshing after the 15 minute walk in the sun.
If I could return tomorrow I would, go have a good time, don't sweat the small stuff and you will have an amazing trip. Everyone works so hard to give us a fabulous vacation....wish that some of the guests I came across realized that, 99.99% were great, wish the other .1% would stay home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico