Stayed at the Ocean Maya Royal September 20 - October 6th. Food at the resort was great. All the restaurants were easy to get into, no line-ups ever. Favorite was the Japanese restaurant.
Rooms were decent. Didn't have any bug problems. Staff actually came to spray one morning so that was probably why. Shower did leak onto the floor, but nothing major. I ordered room service on evening as I was wiped after a full days excursion. They told me 45 minutes and my food came in like 10 mins! I was impressed with that!
The entertainment staff were fantastic. Omar, Uriel, Jess and Suzanne were my favorites. :) At the breakfast buffet we always sat in Alfredo's section. He has a great sense of humor and personality. Always made us smile. Jessica at the dinner buffet always made us feel welcome. Everywhere you went, the staff would always say hello and were very warm and welcoming.
Pools are nice. Most mornings you had to put your towels out on the chairs (thankfully my father got up nice and early for this). :) Pool bar drinks were good as well. And Roberto did the henna tattoos one day for us, really good job. Daily entertainment was good and evening entertainment was very good as well.
Would I go back? I would say yes - but only as a couple as the majority of travellers at this resort are couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico