I previously stayed at this same resort February of this year with family. I enjoyed myself so much, I had to go again, this time with friends, and for 2 weeks.
This hotel far exceeds everything that I look for in an all inclusive resort, I can't imagine ever staying somewhere else.
First the grounds are immaculate, very well kept and maintained. There is always staff tending to the grounds making sure they are in tip top shape. The rooms are beautiful, we were blessed to have received an upgrade to an ocean view room right next to the pool, it was beautiful and very convenient. Thanks Maria!
The food was great... again. Loved the japanese a la carte, a very entertaining experience. Make sure to try a Mayan coffee at the Mexican restaurant, the presentation and end result was awesome. The buffet had a great selection, and flavor in food was fantastic!! I'm not a fan of fish, but I ate it there almost every night. Oh and the desserts and pastries had me in heaven... again.
The drinks at the pool were always made to my liking, thanks to my favorite bartender David and waitress Karina. Both always were so accommodating, especially during the rowdiness of a younger group from Spain keeping them very busy (as you may have read in some past reviews). Frustration never showed, and they were always smiling :)
The spa treatments are fantastic. I took advantage of an amazing pedicure (thanks Mercedes) and TWO massages. The massages are amazing, and I highly recommend taking advantage of the experience, especially by the beach... speak with Gill... he'll take care of you.
Thanks to Javier, my favorite Bellman. He made sure anything we needed we received, even making sure we got softer pillows waiting for us in our rooms.
But by far my favorite part of the resort, and the main reason why I come back... is the AMAZING Entertainment staff. I have never laughed so hard or had so much fun as I had when this staff was around. Whether it was water volleyball, water polo or just a walk on the beach, the staff always made an effort to include everyone, in addition, remembering and greeting everyone by their first names. Polo was one the the most unique and original people I have ever met, keeping us in stitches daily with his sense of humor and costumes. Ricardo was always so friendly, making us feel right at home and managed to get us out dancing almost every night. Take advantage of the opportunity to go off the resort to Coco Bongo with the staff, you will have an amazing time. They will make sure your transportation is taken care of and your drink is never empty. Jes, Omar, Amy, Daniella... the list goes on, this staff is the BEST entertainment I have met... they will make you feel like family. Leaving them and their smiling faces was very hard :( Their manger Miguel should feel blessed to have such a talented and hard working group of staff.
I usually don't return to the same resort, I like to try something new. But after being at Ocean Maya Royale twice already, I wouldn't hesitate to return again. Once you find the best... there's really nothing else that can compare to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico