“A definite yes!”
Review of Wayan Fish Spa

Wayan Fish Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Fish Spa Therpy is a feet or full body massage given by Turkish fish which reactivate the regenerative skin cell mechanism, leaving it soft and smooth. These fish do not have teeth so they harmlessly suctions dead skin cells without touching inner layers. Throughout this process, it generates an enzyme which has a regenerative effect on skin. each fish tank has ultraviolet water sterilization, which eliminates 99.9% of bacteria, virus and other germs.
Montana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A definite yes!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a definite yes as far as your to do list in Playa. My wife and I were in Playa in June and spotted this at the Wayan on Quinta Avenida. We thought we would give it a try. $20 for two for 15 minutes. Wow! It really felt good during the process of the little fish eating away at the dead skin on my feet. But what was really amazing was how smooth my skin felt when we were done. Definitely worth a try and worth the money.

Toronto, Canada
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“What a blast!! A ton of fun, and you leave with the softest feet!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We just happened by this on our trip to Playa del Carmen in August 2012 and couldn't resist. It was so worth the price!

My husband, who has very ticklish feet was hesitant, but decided to join me as well. As it turns out, he was fine with it, too. We had a ball watching the little fish nibble away at our feet. They seemed more interested in his than mine...I got a few jokes out of that. ;) But we both walked away with the softest feet.

A ton of fun for anyone. No stress, just sit back and enjoy.

Visited September 2012
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“virtual Father's Day present”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Saw this on Trip Advisor before we went and hubby said that is what he wanted - to WATCH me put my ticklish feet in with the fish! We were there one evening and literally spent our last $20 for 2 people (myself and daughter) to do it. It was fun - very weird, but cool. It helps to not look at the fish - it feels like bubbles only. Erik made us feel very comfortable (he washed our feet and put bandaids on any blisters) - after walking so much this week, it was really nice to have your feet so soft!! Do it.

Forsyth, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“You Gotta Try This!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My family of 5 did this on 5th Avenue at Wayan's --- We all sat together and put our feet in at the same time --- my daughter and I immediately screeching from the feel of the fish eating at our skin!! We paid a little over $50 for all five of us to do this for 15 minutes (it's less expensive the more people you have) People were walkng by and taking pictures of us squirming in or seats!..... The fish eat the dry skin off your feet and legs and whatever body part you place in their tanks --- crazy weird and fun!! A memorable time for the family!

Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Must Try!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

When I went into the store and saw there was fish spa treatment. I knew I wanted to do it! One of my friends had never heard of it. The fish spa representative, Erick, was very friendly and knowledgeable. He told us all about the therapy and what to expect. He was able to answer all our questions before and during the treatment. He stayed by us telling us more about the benefits and history of the treatment. After some thought we decided to do it! For a couple it was only $22USD for 15 minutes. They take you in the back of the store to wash your feet so the fish aren’t subjected to any bacteria. Then you have to wear these silly plastic booties. We decided to do the service at the front of the store by the street instead of in the back. The store is also connected to a bar. The rest of our group was able to enjoy a drink while we did our spa treatment. The water and fish are taken care of with special safe chemicals and UV lighting so you don’t have to worry about it being harmful. The treatment does not hurt at all! It feels like little vibrations. It tickles the most around the toes and toenails. It was so much fun! We drew a crowd wanting to take pictures and videos. I think we did some good marketing for Erick! Afterwards, your feet are so soft and smooth! It was unbelievable. It was really cool to see how the fish move all around your feet and ankles. If you are in Playa you must do it! It is fun and a great story! Make sure to take lots of pictures and videos.