“Great coffee place”

Coffee Stop
Ranked #106 of 1,397 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: We're a small independent coffee shop selling Mexican coffee. The beans are from Chiapas and toasted and blended here in Playa. We have light food to accompany your hot or cold coffees and teas. From filled bagels and croissants to light salads and delicious cakes and cookies. Sanctuary just a block and half from the busy 5th Avenue and right in the centre of town. You can pop in for your coffee fix and a chat or grab one and run. We have a delivery service too if you need us! Free wi-fi and a smile. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I like this place even though it is a small place. I like their iced chai tea a lot. My boyfriend got a coffee and he likes it. Good food too, definitely will come back here when we come back to playa del Carmen.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Your host, Paul, is friendly and makes a great cup. Stop by and taste the difference, and feel the difference in your wallet as well!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We decided to seek this place out after being "stranded" in Mexico for a few more unexpected days. Our resort was awesome but the coffee was lacking.
Let's be clear here, this place is SMALL, I think there are only 5 seats but Paul is great and makes everyone feel like home.
The coffee we had was fantastic (Double espresso and a macchiato) and reasonably priced. He provided us pricing in USD and Pesos, even rounding DOWN his price to make it an easy Pesos transaction. Only 1 block and a half from the 5th Ave shopping, which probably helps to keep his prices down.
We went a total of 3 times and he even sold us some beans because we enjoyed the coffee so much.
FYI: Coffee in a sealed bag is carry-on friendly, I had zero issues bringing them on the plane with me.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went tot the coffee stop one morning, and its not a bad place. Paul was working solo and he service was very good, and enjoyed the conversation. If your a coffee drinker, you'll want a triple shot as my latte was a little watered down. It wasnt that bad of a walk from 5th ave area. There are a couple of Starbucks closer that I would hit instead, but this place is definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank JWBOO7
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A must for all coffee/caffeine addicts. The Coffee Spot is small, but Pauls' welcome and good coffee make it MASSIVE................and the prices are good. You really get value, and some for your money here. If it was a pub it would be my local! If you are also a sugar addict he's got that covered with uber sweet chocolate cake, and he is truly a geniune helpful friendly person, go there , you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank shoooz