“Love coffee, go here!”

Coffee Stop
Ranked #24 of 1,435 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: We're a small independent coffee shop selling Mexican coffee. The beans are from Chiapas and toasted and blended here in Playa. We have light food to accompany your hot or cold coffees and teas. From filled bagels and croissants to light salads and delicious cakes and cookies. Sanctuary just a block and half from the busy 5th Avenue and right in the centre of town. You can pop in for your coffee fix and a chat or grab one and run. We have a delivery service too if you need us! Free wi-fi and a smile. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A must for all coffee/caffeine addicts. The Coffee Spot is small, but Pauls' welcome and good coffee make it MASSIVE................and the prices are good. You really get value, and some for your money here. If it was a pub it would be my local! If you are also a sugar addict he's got that covered with uber sweet chocolate cake, and he is truly a geniune helpful friendly person, go there , you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank shoooz

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I might have never found this place without Tripadvisor. It's very near to crowded 5th avenue but still easy to miss if you don't know it.

I "coffee stopped" only about four times, and wish I've had time to visit more. Already I'd consider Paul as a friend. Even on my second visit he welcomed me with my foreign-to-him name immediately as I walked in.

The only reason I might give this "Very Good" instead of "Excellent" is if I were in a hurry to get my fix. At the time, Paul was the only one working there and if there happens to be lot of people in at the same time you might have to wait a few minutes, depending on what others before you had ordered. On the bright side, I would only conclude that even though there's queue, he puts the time and effort to carefully prepare each drink.

Try Paul's iced chai tea, mocca frappe, or just the regular coffee. (carrot cake isn't too bad either!) It's a great way of transforming your money into something very good!

2  Thank jmalmari
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Bagels great, fresh, Paul very friendly. Free wifi. Well worth it. Bagel with jelly and manchego awesome. Eat here. Yummy.

1  Thank ireland999
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nice personal service by Paul..nice- in love - Englishman in playa -
very small, almost no seats, ok coffee, cookies from Costco, can not figure out how TA works and this is #1 in playa with over 300 and better options....

7  Thank trooperdooperCancun
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Paul was a delight. I was a repeat customer almost daily during our trip to Playa thanks to the reliably strong and delicious coffee at a good value (very much to my new wife's enjoyment who stayed in bed while I fetched our morning coffee). He's also a great source of info in the area.

1  Thank ecmoz