“Are you ready to find some peace after 2:00 am” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Freud

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa del Carmen
Casa Freud
Canada
“Are you ready to find some peace after 2:00 am”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

Basically I can say that I reserved for a two bedroom and I got one bedroom, I mentionned this to the owner which only told me every room is different and could not describe all of them in the website.. (which is misleading people.. it read you may have one queen OR two doubles... anyway.. other than this "good surprise", I got my second one... only could find some peace after 2:00 am, as there is a bar by the entrance and they close by 2:00.. So if you stay there make sure to ask the description of the room.. don t assume that the website is right.. and better join the party!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Maya067
posadafr, Owner at Casa Freud, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Hallo Miss!
To clear up the misunderstanding, you orderd in your reservation mail a STANDARD room, not adding, that you will come with 2 kids, not asking for 2 beds. We have 4 standard rooms, 2 biger ones, both with 2 double beds, bathroom, terrace, hammock and frige bar. The other 2 standard rooms, both with 1 queensize bed, bathroom, terrace or garden with hammock, frige bar, "TV, AC, SAFETY BOX" (which the 2 biger standard rooms don´t have!). you got the standard room with 1 queensize bed. Next day I asked you to change to a 2 bed standard room,
but you prefered the room you had got because you were using the employee´s kitchen near the garden. Normaly the kitchen is not for guest use.
Christine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
nyc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

We didn't arrive in Playa until late night and noticed that Posada was situated right next to a restaurant/bar that plays live music. We thought that it wouldn't be a problem, until we reached our room, which did not have windows, only a screen! The music was so loud at night, we laid in bed and could not sleep for hours, past 12-1 am. In the morning, people chatting in the hallway sounded like they were literally inside our room. We thought it would be okay if we switched rooms, but the only other available room had only bigger screen windows! Also, the fact that we went during a freakishly chilly cold front, made it so much worse, we were freezing at night. I will admit that the staff was very understanding when we cancelled the rest of our nights and moved to another hotel. If I were to do it all over again, I would stay somewhere else, not worth it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
posadafr, Owner at Casa Freud, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Hi!
Latticed screen windows are very common in Mexico. You rented one of our cheepest BASIC rooms (without AC) during the few winterdays we have. Usually the temperature is very hot all year, so we do not have glass windows in the basic rooms. Without a breeze it is stiffing in a
non airconditioned room.
And one more thing: Yes, we have live music from 7 pm to 12 am. The bar next door closes
between 1am - 2 am. We are in the heart of the center of Playa del Carmen, other hotels are surrounded by bars staying open until 5 am. Take care!
Christine
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2010

I have been meaning to write about our stay here for some time as I think this place deserves praise (this will be the only place I have posted about), but I am a little lazy around computers. We stayed in two other places in playa- the first rating much higher in this list, but we loved it here.
I would recommend not staying on the ground floor as the rooms in the upper floors are so much nicer. Yes, there is noise from next door, but the rooms are lovely, they have a small kitchen area and a huge balcony.
If we ever get back to Playa this wll be where we stay

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Posada Freud and thought the rooms and surrounding area was very nice. We stayed there over New Year and the best aspect for us was the location. This however, has it's downside as the bar next door has live bands playing until midnight and beyond but this did not particularly bother us as all but the last night (when we had to be up early to catch a bus to Tulum) we did not get back until 1 - 2am.
The place is quite difficult to find as the entrance is through their small bar and we walk pasted it 2 or 3 times. We got there quite late at night but had no problems checking in. There was a bit of a miss understanding over the room we booked, we decided to leave this until the next day to resolve, when were relocated without any fuss and the new room was great.
We read some of the comments about theft so, as we would in any other hotel, used the free safe deposit box at reception for passports and other valuables. We were given a receipt with a full itemised account of our belongings and all was return safely when we checked out.
I would recommend this hotel but only to people visiting PDC to enjoy the nightlife as well as the beach

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

My family and I (group totaling 4 people) stayed in the penthouse for one week at the Posada Freud. The penthouse is amazing! It was so big, we could have comfortably added a few more people and still never get in each others way. The penthouse is designed and decorated very uniquely. You will truly feel at home from the moment you arrive.

The location of this hotel cannot be beat. Although the penthouse has a kitchen, which I planned on using for cooking meals, I never did use it once. The restaurants readily available in Playa Del Carmen quickly changed my mind about cooking. The food choices were plentiful, excellent and so convenient with hardly a walk to each favorite restaurant. But, in the event someone did want to cook in the kitchen, it was equipped nicely and was clean.

My family and I have been traveling between Cancun, Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel for many years. I believe this was our 49th or 50th trip. Each of us has our own preferences on how to spend our time while on vacation. The location of the Posada Freud made it possible for each person to do what they wanted, and easily meet up at the bar without feeling like we were waiting on each other all week. There was no hassle of taking a taxi every time you wanted to go to dinner or to come home late at night after partying at a club.

Some may think that the noise level is an issue while staying right on the 5th. If you are a person who needs absolute quiet to sleep, and you like to be in bed sleeping before midnight, then maybe you should invest in a cheap pair or earplugs. Personally, I found the live music from the club next door to be a great addition to my vacation. The music was wonderful and it added to my experience. I enjoyed relaxing on the terrace and having drinks with family and friends while being entertained by the live band.

The staff at the Posada Freud are very friendly and helpful for any situation. From the moment you meet them, you feel appreciated and welcomed. The feeling of a smaller hotel cannot be beat when the staff know your name and greet you with a smile every time you return to your room. The staff are helpful with any request. While we were vacationing, Mexico had record breaking cold weather. The owners of the hotel brought extra blankets to us to be sure we were warm at night.

I cannot wait for another vacation to the Posada Freud. After traveling to Mexico many times, staying in many types of hotels, I have finally found the one I will return to time and time again. I would be comfortable staying in a smaller room if I were to travel alone or with another person. But, if vacationing with a group, I would certainly ask for the penthouse once again. It feels like a special get-away home tucked into the trees.

The only people I would not recommend this room for is anyone who may have a broken leg in a full cast. The stairs may be difficult for you to climb... for for anyone else, go for it! You will not regret it.

Shannon O'Brien

• Stayed January 2010
Ajijic, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

Miguels Margaritas (made with reel fresh limes) are legendary....place has so much character and staff are so helpful/friendly....do anything for you....I have recommended this place on twitter and a lot of websites....also amazing value

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 10 days last year. We thought it was great hotel. The staff were really friendly and fun. The guy Aldo at the front desk was great help. Highly recommended

Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple