“Excellent choice :D”
Review of Casa Freud

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa del Carmen
Casa Freud
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Posada Freud this spring break celebrating both of our birthdays and recent engagement.
We had the best time ever! Posada Freud has the best location, customer service and cleanliness.
It's located right on the 5th Avenue, 4-5 blocks away from the ADO bus terminal, 1 block away from 12th Street where all the great bars are, 3 blocks away from Walmart and 1 block away from THE BEACH :)
It's a very cute, beyond nice place.
Comfortable clean beds, hot water in the shower, small fridge, coffee maker and the best customer service crew available 24hours; Christine (owner) made sure we felt so welcome :)
Been there 3 times before and will sure come back on our next trip to Playa del Carmen.

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank Samantha_Sanmiguel

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was our first time staying here . I was alittle apprehensive but Trip Advisor had decent reviews , if you read all of them and then decide. Right up front , we were warned about the music from next door , even before we booked. Remember , if you looking for quiet at nightime , hehehe,bring ear plugs . If you're looking for a great inexpensive and clean little spot on 5th Ave , this is it.Our AC wasn't working properly and they had a serviceman there the next day.Water acted up and things were up and running quickly . We had room 4 and our friends had room 5 . Both rooms were always clean and the maids were great doing their clean up . All of Casa Freud 's staff are willing to help as much as possible.Christine and Eduatro are the perfect hosts .

We will be back again .
Make sure the AC is turned on.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank canadianclassic
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed in the Penthouse, which was 2 floors! it was VERY spacious and had a full kitchen where we cooked many of our meals! There are two outdoor dinning areas, one off of the kitchen and another large porch/balcony with a table that seats 8! There is a bar next door that has live music every night, that we could enjoy right from our porch! Starbucks was right across the street, so I could run over and get coffee every morning! (I live in Belize, so it was a real treat for me!) Christine was very accommodating and just a lovely person! We had a great time!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Placenciamassage
Reviewed July 27, 2012

So, I cannot possibly put it into words how much having stayed at this locating enhanced my experience in Playa. It was not my first or second trip to Playa, but for the first time I was traveling with friends. We stayed at the suit with the balcony overlooking 5th avenue which seemed a little small for 3 people, but worked out just fine. As the hotel's website says, this place is not for those who are looking to sleep at 10pm. There is a bar next door (which has great drinks I must say - try one of their Monster shots, come back and thank me!) which has great live music every night which start at 6pm and ends around 12:30 - 1:00am. I was with friends, so picture yourself with friends, sitting at the balcony people watching, drinking a beer, and listening to live free entertainment?! it was just awesome. We never planned to sleep early, so the music never actually bothered us - I just have a lot of songs that bring me right back to that place now! This hotel is a great value, and I really really hope I can have the same room, and same balcony next time I am in town! I met the owner who is a lovely very cool lady, and her husband who was a pleasant gentleman. The maid service was spotless and the people who work at the hotel were always willing and able to help.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank rafabos
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Don't bother or waste your time there is always something better then this. I showed up one afternoon with my family and I find myself thrown out of my room becasue the owner called and said she needed the room I was in for some friends of her. So they packed up my stuff for me, made a mess of it and just said sorry, the boss needs the room for friends that are coming into town and that was that. I didn't bother to argue with them becasue I find myself in a psotion of arguing with people who are at that level would be inconsiderate of me. The people who were working there did seem embarrassed by the situation and tried to accomodate me by putting me in a room with no A/C which obviously did not make the situation better.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ocalaway
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Sorry, but I don´t remember anything like that happening at our hotel. My friends came? Are you sure you were at Posada Freud and not another hotel? And when was this? I am very interested in your answer so I can understand this better. Waiting to hear back, thank you! Christine

Reviewed May 30, 2012

When I go to Mexico I usually stay in more than one hotel in my 10 day vacation. A value hotel and a swankier one. I like being in 2 different locations, saving money, getting the feel of different neighborhoods, and one is a clunker, well, I'm not there the whole time.
Posada Freud in my value hotel that I have gone back to again and again. The location is terrific. A dozen places to eat within steps, people watching from your hotel and well, you are right in the thick of it. Looking for peace and quiet this wont be it. There is a place just out your door that plays music late. You'll probably be fine with earplugs and a noise machine at your side.

This is also a hotel that some charm to it compared to some of the dorm like rooms I have stayed in. Balcony, hammock, little courtyard.

My splurge places are spots in Tulum or La Tortuga, but because it's between 100-250 dollars cheaper a night than I spend in other places, this place has a special place in my heart.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ReluctantViking
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed two weeks in the Penthouse of Posada Freud and we enjoyed it a lot. It's a great place to stay for young people because it is so much going on around the hotel. The location is just perfect on the 5 Avenue and near the beach. The Penthouse itself has three terraces, two of them with hammocks which were great to chill out after a hot day on the beach. The rooms are very big and nice, beds are comfortable and the staff was really hearty as well. Christine, the owner of Posada Freud is an attentive and friendly woman who helped us with everything we needed. It's just a perfect place to stay for young people, I say young people because it can be a little bit noisy during the night because of the nightlife near the Posada. But don't worry, you'll never hear people talking just music and not even loud. So,no problem for younger people but maybe for families not ideal. All in all we had a perfect time at the Penthouse of Posada Freud and we hope to come back very soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends