“Great place to stay with friends!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Freud

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa del Carmen
Casa Freud
You added Casa Freud to your Saves list
rafabos
“Great place to stay with friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

So, I cannot possibly put it into words how much having stayed at this locating enhanced my experience in Playa. It was not my first or second trip to Playa, but for the first time I was traveling with friends. We stayed at the suit with the balcony overlooking 5th avenue which seemed a little small for 3 people, but worked out just fine. As the hotel's website says, this place is not for those who are looking to sleep at 10pm. There is a bar next door (which has great drinks I must say - try one of their Monster shots, come back and thank me!) which has great live music every night which start at 6pm and ends around 12:30 - 1:00am. I was with friends, so picture yourself with friends, sitting at the balcony people watching, drinking a beer, and listening to live free entertainment?! it was just awesome. We never planned to sleep early, so the music never actually bothered us - I just have a lot of songs that bring me right back to that place now! This hotel is a great value, and I really really hope I can have the same room, and same balcony next time I am in town! I met the owner who is a lovely very cool lady, and her husband who was a pleasant gentleman. The maid service was spotless and the people who work at the hotel were always willing and able to help.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank rafabos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Don't bother or waste your time there is always something better then this. I showed up one afternoon with my family and I find myself thrown out of my room becasue the owner called and said she needed the room I was in for some friends of her. So they packed up my stuff for me, made a mess of it and just said sorry, the boss needs the room for friends that are coming into town and that was that. I didn't bother to argue with them becasue I find myself in a psotion of arguing with people who are at that level would be inconsiderate of me. The people who were working there did seem embarrassed by the situation and tried to accomodate me by putting me in a room with no A/C which obviously did not make the situation better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ocalaway
, Propietario at Casa Freud, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Sorry, but I don´t remember anything like that happening at our hotel. My friends came? Are you sure you were at Posada Freud and not another hotel? And when was this? I am very interested in your answer so I can understand this better. Waiting to hear back, thank you! Christine
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

When I go to Mexico I usually stay in more than one hotel in my 10 day vacation. A value hotel and a swankier one. I like being in 2 different locations, saving money, getting the feel of different neighborhoods, and one is a clunker, well, I'm not there the whole time.
Posada Freud in my value hotel that I have gone back to again and again. The location is terrific. A dozen places to eat within steps, people watching from your hotel and well, you are right in the thick of it. Looking for peace and quiet this wont be it. There is a place just out your door that plays music late. You'll probably be fine with earplugs and a noise machine at your side.

This is also a hotel that some charm to it compared to some of the dorm like rooms I have stayed in. Balcony, hammock, little courtyard.

My splurge places are spots in Tulum or La Tortuga, but because it's between 100-250 dollars cheaper a night than I spend in other places, this place has a special place in my heart.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank ReluctantViking
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed two weeks in the Penthouse of Posada Freud and we enjoyed it a lot. It's a great place to stay for young people because it is so much going on around the hotel. The location is just perfect on the 5 Avenue and near the beach. The Penthouse itself has three terraces, two of them with hammocks which were great to chill out after a hot day on the beach. The rooms are very big and nice, beds are comfortable and the staff was really hearty as well. Christine, the owner of Posada Freud is an attentive and friendly woman who helped us with everything we needed. It's just a perfect place to stay for young people, I say young people because it can be a little bit noisy during the night because of the nightlife near the Posada. But don't worry, you'll never hear people talking just music and not even loud. So,no problem for younger people but maybe for families not ideal. All in all we had a perfect time at the Penthouse of Posada Freud and we hope to come back very soon!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank VeraLuisa
montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

The hotel is actually a motel and the windows only have bug screen and no glass, so when the bar next door have their live band playing every night till' sometimes 2 am. you better have some good ear plugs. Toilet blocks every day and we are careful not to throw paper in there but still had problems. The place looks nice but once you get to know it....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank daviddduck
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel was the same price as hostels nearby, but with the amenities of a hotel. The European showers made it hard to get ready (the toilet, shower and sink are all in the same room, but the shower has no doors and drains into the floor).

The location is ideal right on the main strip, a block from the beach and near restaurants. The downside of this spot is also the location. There is a bar attached that plays loud music until midnight each night and it will vibrate the room as well. If you're planning on being out late then it shouldn't be a problem.

The wifi is non-existent at this spot, but Starbucks is right across the way for anything important.

The garden is a pretty jungle set up set back inside the street and the staff is nice.

I doubt I would stay here again because of the shower and noise situation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelTime619
Rangiora, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

We had 2 stops in Playa del Carmen on our trip to Mexico and on the second one we checked into this hotel due to its proximity to 5th Ave and the beach. The location was definitely great with the beach only a few minutes walk and bars/restaurants on its door step. There is a fun bar next door which had live music both nights we stayed. This is great if you like the nightlife but it means that the hotel is not quiet.
Beach towels and a safe key can be provided but you need to provide a cash deposit.
We selected an air conditioned room which was definitely a wise move. But, the room was pretty dark and seemed to have a ridiculous number of mosquitoes. We didn't have too many issues because we used a lot of repellant and my partner would do a big mosquito kill each evening before we went out for dinner. I guess they were let in each day by the cleaner when the doors/windows were open.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple