“Great place for food, lounging on beach, listening to music and drinks!”
Review of Wah Wah Beach Bar

Wah Wah Beach Bar
Ranked #127 of 1,397 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Wah Wah Beach Bar\Restaurant\Club is located right in front of the Caribbean Sea, on one of the nicest stretches of beach in Playa del Carmen. With the biggest grass roof and sandy floors, you cannot miss us! We offer a great selection on our Menu which includes Brick Oven Pizza, in house roasted Ribs, Chicken and Sausage, Fresh Seafood, Stuffed Hamburgers, Wings, Sandwiches, Salads and so much more. Wah Wah Beach Bar is fast becoming famous for their 130 peso ($8.20 USD), all you can eat Pig Roast Buffet on Sundays. We are a live music venue with bands playing every Thursday through Sunday, shows start at 7 pm. (Wah Wah is home of The Nasty Bstards Band!!!) *COCKTAIL AND BEER BUCKET SPECIALS DAILY2 X 1 Pizza Free Beach ChairsFree showersFree WiFiVery Kid Friendly (and kids menu)
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Spent a month in Playa and went to Wah Wah's everyday. Ate lunch on beach everyday. Food was great! Love it! Great place to hang out!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just left Playa last Wednesday after two weeks staying at Playa Maya Hotel just down the beach from Wah Wah's. it was my regular place to go. Cowboy John & JJ are great friends. I sang with the band on open mic night. The food is great and the price is very reasonable. Don't miss the Sunday buffet WHAT A DEAL!!! I highly recommend this place as a must visit if you are in Playa. Can't wait to get back there next year.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Was at the Ocean Maya Royale and went into Playa for the day with another couple we met at our resort. Heard about Wah wahs here on Trip advisor and had to check it out. Was not disappointed - awesome place, very busy but lots of room. 2 for 1 margaritas, good food and a great band playing. Prices were very reasonable. Great place to people watch and have your feet in the sand! Can't wait to go back again next year!

1  Thank cyndiLondonOntario
Reviewed February 15, 2013

So nice to have a Cheers type place-where they know your name & treat you like family. Great live music and no cover. You won't wanna miss the pig roast, salsa & rock bands on Sundays. Oh not to mention the same great menu at their beach club when hanging at the best people watching beach.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I so wish I could agree with all the positive reviews, unfortunately our two experiences there, were anything but positive. The first time it was so bad I told my husband never again and wrote a scathing review. After discussing it with him, I decided to retract that review and he even convinced me to give them another try. Big mistake. The one positive thing I can say is the location, right on the beach, is good. However, in my mind, poor service and bad food heavily outweigh location.

5  Thank Deirdra A