“like Cheers but way better”
Review of Wah Wah Beach Bar

Wah Wah Beach Bar
Ranked #162 of 1,438 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Wah Wah Beach Bar\Restaurant\Club is located right in front of the Caribbean Sea, on one of the nicest stretches of beach in Playa del Carmen. With the biggest grass roof and sandy floors, you cannot miss us! We offer a great selection on our Menu which includes Brick Oven Pizza, in house roasted Ribs, Chicken and Sausage, Fresh Seafood, Stuffed Hamburgers, Wings, Sandwiches, Salads and so much more. Wah Wah Beach Bar is fast becoming famous for their 130 peso ($8.20 USD), all you can eat Pig Roast Buffet on Sundays. We are a live music venue with bands playing every Thursday through Sunday, shows start at 7 pm. (Wah Wah is home of The Nasty Bstards Band!!!) *COCKTAIL AND BEER BUCKET SPECIALS DAILY2 X 1 Pizza Free Beach ChairsFree showersFree WiFiVery Kid Friendly (and kids menu)
Reviewed February 15, 2013

So nice to have a Cheers type place-where they know your name & treat you like family. Great live music and no cover. You won't wanna miss the pig roast, salsa & rock bands on Sundays. Oh not to mention the same great menu at their beach club when hanging at the best people watching beach.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I so wish I could agree with all the positive reviews, unfortunately our two experiences there, were anything but positive. The first time it was so bad I told my husband never again and wrote a scathing review. After discussing it with him, I decided to retract that review and he even convinced me to give them another try. Big mistake. The one positive thing I can say is the location, right on the beach, is good. However, in my mind, poor service and bad food heavily outweigh location.

5  Thank Deirdra A
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We spent a great afternoon at Wah Wah. It had been recommended by another guest in our hotel.
Wah Wah has a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Pablo was our waiter fro the day and he was very friendly and attentive even if his English wasn't the best but I can't say much as my Spanish is pretty poor!!!
There is a live band every day from 12-4 pm who were very good. A great mix of music to get everyone involved.
We had fish for lunch - the catch of the day and the grouper fillet in a mango sauce. Both were very good and cost 150 pesos each which we thought was very reasonable. Beers were good value too - 5 bottles for 120 pesos.
We spent the afternoon listening to the band and then Pablo got us some sun loungers and we decide to have some more food before heading back to our hotel. Our second meal was pizza and ribs which again were very good and priced at 150 pesos each which again we thought was very good value for money.
Overall a fabulous afternoon spent in a very relaxing atmosphere with a few beers, great food, great music.... What holidays are all about

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were in playa for a couple of weeks and ended up her four of our nites. First nite was there 1 st yr anniversary it was 2 4 1 nite, place was packed but found a open table fairly quickly. Had the hot wings and pizza wow both were amazing ( best wing I think I have ever had). Muisic was great as well. Went back the next nite (superbowl) once again place was busy but no problem geting a table food was once again Great. Ended up going back two more times food music and service allways very very good

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visited Wah Wah's on their first anniversary. After being told to arrive about 6.30 to get a table, we found it to be full with no free tables (probably as it was their anniversary). However, a waiter soon produced another table and chairs and we were given a great location close to the stage. The food was 2-4-1, again due to the celebrations. On advice from our waiter Aldo, we ordered pizzas and their speciality, smoked ribs. Both were excellent. This is a beach bar, sand on the floor, dancing on the bar (& the floor) to the resident band in which the owner is singer/keyboard player. This was a real experience for us but all good. I can honestly say that I don't think there's anything like it in the UK. There is live music on Thursday and Saturday evenings and Wah Wah's is a beach bar open all day as well.