2,359 results
All reviews ambar restaurant ceviche patio suite golf cart outdoor tub amber restaurant beachfront casita cigar lounge pool bar walk in closet steam room all inclusive resort quiet resort spa area huge bathroom our honeymoon private pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited blue diamond luxury hotel with my husband for ten days. The hotel seems dated with touches of refurbishment. We stayed in a room on the lagoon near to the beach front. The room was spacious and kept immaculately clean with a very well stocked mini bar. Some furniture in the room appeared dated possibly left there by the previous mandarin hotel. The beach and pool area are of a high standard and the staff very attentive bringing water and drinks. Breakfast has an amazing selection and everything is cooked to perfection, try the energy and detox smoothies. The downside to this hotel is the Amber restaurant, no air conditioning with old fans dotted around making it very uncomfortable to dine. Also you have to pay extra eg steak £40 and as I didn’t chose to pay for wine off the menu and stayed with the all inclusive I was virtually ignored by the waiter and had to ask at the bar for my drink. Having paid over £5000 for my stay I don’t expect to pay extra for food and wine. Apart from this we had a pleasant relaxing holiday. The staff are friendly and attentive. Food in the beach restaurant by far the best.

3  Thank yvettehoward45
FrontOfficeManagerBD, Director de Recepción at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear yvettehoward45,

We are grateful to you for having chosen Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel as your holiday destination as well as for sharing your opinion about your stay with other travelers around the world.

It is an honor for us to know that you spent an enjoyed yout stay wiht us.

Furthermore, we would like to thank you for highlighting most of our staff´s exceptional service; we will share your kind compliments with them to congratulate them for being embodying our brand’s philosophy.

We apologize for not having exceeded your expectations in every aspect of your stay here with us. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the pertinent departments in order to be addressed and, where possible, improved.

As professionals in the service industry we know that our guest’s feedback is very valuable, and the key to allow the constant improvement in order to reach an enduring high quality level in services.

Once again we are extremely grateful for your time and preference

Best Regars,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at the Blue Diamond for work for two nights. First of all, there was a three night stay policy at the hotel as it was during a conference (which was not outlined anywhere), yet I couldn't check in on a Saturday and ended up having to pay and waste one night since I was leaving only after two nights. While the staff couldn't be nicer, there were so many things that are not up to par for what is called a luxury, five star property that is quite expensive. My air conditioner wasn't working, I was told to not open my patio doors as there are crocodiles and possibly snakes right outside in the water lagoon that wrapped around the property. It seems that the property is understaffed as I constantly had to wait for a golf cart driver to take me to my room. And there was a constant smell of mold in my room which I couldn't get rid of as I was told to not open up my windows or doors. Disappointing experience overall and I wish I stayed elsewhere since there were so many other options. Do better, Blue Diamond.

Room tip: Do not stay on any of the patio rooms in the jungle as it's full of mosquitos and other jungle animals
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank natasha d

Dear natasha d,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel; it was an honor to host you on your last vacation.

We apologize for not having exceeded or met your expectations during your stay here with us. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the pertinent departments in order to be addressed and, where possible, improved.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days / 2 night while an overbooking issue was rectified at the sister hotel blue bay esmerelda.

I will start with the only con which was certain members of staff. The first day we arrived everyone couldn't of been nicer and couldn't of done enough for us. Following this we cant seem to figure out what we did wrong but I'm guessing it was either because we were moved from another hotel or because we didnt tip - the next 2 days we felt like we were being cold shouldered and other people prioritised over us which didnt bother me but made my wife feel really uncomfortable. It was just small things like simple items such as drinks or menus taking ages to be brought to us and the staff being just completely cold, not coming to ask if we wanted a drink on the beach while going round everyone else etc etc.
It may just be our opinions but we felt like it was very tip orientated as the people I noticed slipping money were very well looked after.
We have absolutly no problem tipping but being British we generally tip at the end of a stay if they genuinely have been good not everytime someone brings me something which is part of their job - so ruined it for themselves really.

Onto the Pros
- the hotel, room and grounds were all beautiful and peaceful
- good golf buggy service to take you to and from pool/beach
- genuine alcohol served at the bars not local like some hotels
- large choice of good quality pool side and beach beds
- the food was all lovely however I could imagine it being repetitive after 2 weeks
-our fridge was restocked everyday however other couples didnt
- I felt the rooms were modern and good quality however we did have 2 mice come in one night however I do understand this considering the jungle surrounding
- ability to rent bikes instead of using golf buggies

Overall we did enjoy it but unsure if we would return as having nice staff is an important part of a holiday and in a boutique of this standard I would expect it as a given rather than a tippable extra.

3  Thank MaliandJamesTipping
FrontOfficeManagerBD, Director de Recepción at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Tipping,

Thank you for rating our Hotel; it's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay here at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel.

We apologize for not having exceeded your expectations in every aspect of your stay here with us. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the pertinent departments in order to be addressed and improved with the staff.

Once again we are extremely grateful for your time and preference. We are glad you enjoyed your upgrade to our hotel!

Regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Hidden Gem and Luxury experience. First, I can't say Thank you enough to ADELA from Concierge. She is amazing, she helped me set up my surprise visit months ago. My wife love it from the moment we arrived to the end. Honeymoon decoration, and the additional surprise of guitar playing with our Romantic dinner on the beach. Whenever we mentioned about our concern, all the staffs was there to support us and elevate our experience. We change our room because of the air conditioning wasnt working 100% Adela spoke to her manager and show us 3 different rooms right in front of the Cenote. The decoration at the end went we came back to our room was amazing. I can't thank her enough. I also want to appreciated Juverli and Carlos they're the best. They save us a cabana every morning and made us the special drinks. They always get out of their way to ask us if we needed anything. Antonio, Jonathan the bellboy was great picking us all the time with the golf cart. David, Roman, Garbriel from Aquarmarine and Ceviche restaurant was great. Pedro also from the restaurant was excellent. Leo was served us our romantic dinner was great, Gabrietto the manager at Aquarmarine also came say hi to us during our dinner. He was very kind and told us the surprise with the Violinist playing for us. At Ambar our server who is in charge of Wine tasting was great. Since we miss wine tasting few times, he promise to serve us personally at Ambar. He did and he did tasting menu with us. With all being said, Adela, Carlos and Juverli and rest of the team in Diamond give us a unforgettable experience. This is a place to visit at Riveria Maya for Adult all inclusive resort. It have all things you need !

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Terence L

Dear Mr. Terence,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel; it was an honor to host you on your honeymoon trip!

It brings us the greatest satisfaction to know that we were able to make your vacation as wonderful as you deserve.

We will pass your generous comments on to Adela and the rest of the staff in order to motivate and let them know about their job well done.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from the blue diamond luxury boutique resort it was an amazing place to relax.
Activities at the resort are fantastic we participated in the yoga class and Eco fishing with Uriel, a cocktail class with Carlos and Salvador also a wine class and sushi making which were both worth doing.
All the staff here are amazing a special shout out to Carlos, Uriel, Pedro (golf buggy driver), Sergio, Pedro, Salvador and Ivan who all made our holiday extra special.
Bikes were provided for us, as to get from the reception down to the pool bar was about a mile and also a golf buggy was on hand to get around.
The room and food was exceptional and we will definitely be returning.

3  Thank Shona00

Dear Shona00,

It is an honor for us to know that you spent an unforgettable time enjoying our hotel.

Furthermore, we would like to thank you for highlighting our staff´s exceptional service; we will share your kind compliments with them to congratulate them for being embodying our brand’s philosophy.

We hope to welcome you back once again to offer you another amazing experience.

Best regards,