Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$241
$235
  • Pool
$669
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$397
$261
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
$288
$239
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$450
$280
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$244
$202
$864
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla(Playa del Carmen)
$387
$289
Melia.com
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
$168
$160
Orbitz.com
$781
$504
1,877 results
All reviewsambar restaurantpatio suitecevichegolf cartoutdoor tubcenote suitebeachfront casitaamber restaurantcigar loungesteam roomconcierge officeall inclusive resortwalk in closetpool barquiet resortspa areahuge bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2014

When I booked this hotel I was quite weary, as I have stayed at all-inclusive resorts before and I hadn’t had the best experiences. I have to say pretty much from the moment we arrived at Blue Diamond any uncertainty I had about an all-inclusive holiday disappeared. The property itself is beautiful and maintained extremely well. It is on a par with the best 5/6 star hotels around. One word of advice I will give is that the resort is quite long i.e. from the reception area at the front of the hotel to the beach is a fair walk so this should be kept in mind when you are deciding on what room type to stay in. We had booked a palafito junior suite which is set a short way back from the beach around the lagoon but ended up staying in a beach front casita which was amazing, definitely the best option at the hotel but significantly more expensive!

The facilities/activities at the hotel were great although I thought the main swimming pool was quite small and the beach wasn’t great for swimming, although this didn’t particularly bother us as our casita had a private plunge pool on the roof! They offered a range of classes, we did the sushi making class which was quite fun!

The food and wine offerings in our opinion were quite good, definitely better than other “all-inclusives” we had visited. My partner and I love food. We love trying different food at different restaurants and have been lucky enough to eat in some really good restaurants around the world. With that said we would never stay here or any other all-inclusive resort and expect that we would get the same quality as we would get in a world-class restaurant. I noticed when I was reading reviews of Blue Diamond before I stayed that some people were quite critical of the food. I will say this we only stayed 4 nights so the fact that there are only two options in the evening for dinner was not a problem for us at all, but I can imagine after a week you may feel quite limited by this. The variety on the menus in my opinion was great and the quality of most of the meals we had was quite good. To explain if you order steak it is cooked well and of good quality, don’t expect you are going to get a steak like you would at CUT or the Palm though. I thought the wine in the restaurants and the drinks at the all the bars were done quite well too. I guess what I am trying to say is that we were impressed but at the same time I don’t want anyone to think they will be eating the same quality of food you would get at Per Se in New York or Le Maurice in Paris! I just thought I should make this clear as people’s reviews of the food and beverage at this resort vary quite a bit. All in all I would not hesitate to stay here again, I really enjoyed the “all inclusive” concept this time and actually found not having to deal with bills and tips all the time really relaxing.

Room Tip: The beachfront casitas are amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Trent1979
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed for 8 days with my husband at their Cenote Laguna Deluxe Junior Suites. We were next to Amber restaurant so it was a easy walk to the beach and all the attractions. The room had a beautiful view of trees and a small lake. Bathroom was my favorite with double sink, the outdoor tub and his/hers showers. I could totally live in that room for months..
Overall the stay was amazing with some small issues..

Here are some of our experiences and tips;
-If you are landing to Cancun, use the AIRPORT TRANSFER with the hotel its makes it so much easier and its only 10$ more than you taking the cab on your own.
-It wasn't a huge resort feel, only few guests since its only 120 rooms and the guests we met during our stay were so elite and kind.
-SPA is amazing! Highly recommend the Blue Diamond exclusive massage it was the best!
-Concierge STAFF is very friendly and they try to make sure that you are enjoying the stay.
-Make sure you sign up for TAMASCAL ceremony we loved it!
-Not all rooms get assigned with BIKES so if you like to cycle around make sure you reserve your bikes from day 1.
-The tours that they offer are pricey and limited but we went to Jungle Maya, Tulum and it was fantastic we enjoyed every second of it. -DO NOT even try the Playa Del Carmen free shopping tour, it was the worst choice we made just avoid that free offer.. I could write a whole page on that ridiculous tour..
-FOOD is a la cart but it was a bit too salty for our taste, the SERVICE was very very bad. The wait times for our food was the worst part of our stay. Every meal it took them over an hour to bring our main dishes they don't have enough staff to support all tables.-Mike Trainee was our favorite guy, he was new but he did a great job with the service and making sure we are happy!
-Even though the reservation says TIPPING included you will find servers bringing your food faster when you give them 3-5$. So bring some singles and change for tipping these guys so you can get better service.
-HOUSEKEEPING came twice very day but it was lame because they wouldn't clean the room until 5pm and then knock on the door at 7pm to do bed time prep. And every day the cleaning got worse and worse, we weren't sure if its because we didn't tip the maid..
-Watch out for those crazy Mosquitos they are everywhere :)

Overall it was a beautiful resort! We will go back and recommend to all our friends..

Room Tip: Try to be closer to Amber and Beach, and try your chances for a free upgrade:)
3  Thank DOSAMANTE
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The staff are too slow and careless; waited 1 hour for someone come to fill the hot tub and when the guy came he filled it with cold water to leave soon. The food was poor, you can have much better one in a simple place at the town. If you compare with the price, it is a terrible hotel; We paid 650-USD per night, it doesn't even worth a 100. The only good thing I can say is nature and it is God given, it is everywhere in Playa Del Carmen & Tulum area.

7  Thank erayucel
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We just returned from spending our Honeymoon in one of the Patio Suites at Blue Diamond. We had hoped to upgrade to a beachfront Casita at check-in, but the upcharge was steep and the agent who checked us in suggested we should look first at the wonderful accommodation we had already reserved. We were appreciative of the suggestion and felt no desire to change once we moved into the Patio Suite. The resort stretches from the Sea to the main highway in a long narrow band of pristine jungle, including extensive canals cut through rock and an on-site cenote and temazcal. The installed landscaping is extensive, beautiful, and immaculately maintained. Golf carts run back and forth along the narrow stone pathway running the length of the property, offering quick transport anywhere on property to those who prefer not to walk or to use the bikes provided free with your stay (if you can get one). We love to walk and had no problems doing everything we wanted to do there for an entire week, on foot. The food served in all three dining locations is outstanding... and we are foodies so this is very important to us. The chocolate dessert in Ambar, the upscale restaurant that is only open for dinner, is without parallel. We had it each of the five nights we ate there. It seemed we were eating something every time we turned around... but we came home having gained no extra pounds, so you know the quality of the ingredients was excellent.
Many of the units onsite are apparently timeshares, and though we were there during the height of the season we had no issues getting into dining establishments, spa appointments, fitness facilities or poolside chairs anytime we desired.
The spa facilities are quite upscale and the treatments were excellent. It almost felt like we had a private spa; we were left wondering how they make the numbers work for such a nice but underutilized facility.
Our suite was generous and quite nice, even though we recognize the furnishings are quite inexpensive. We both slept like babies here, which is saying a lot for me. The outdoor tub seems like a waste of money... I cannot imagine how long it would take to fill one up, or where the hot water source would be to provide for a comfortable bath. Our suite came with both the outdoor bath and a private dipping pool, and the pool was wonderful. We were surprised there was only one television in such an expansive space (there is none in the living room), and the few times we wanted to watch television programming we had to crawl into bed to do so.
One might expect such a large accommodation to have more closet space; we were able to make do just fine.
Those of us who frequently revisit the same places on the coast are well aware of the rising seas and encroachment on the beaches. The Riveria Maya is going to be challenged early in this regard, as the beaches at several of the resorts, including Blue Diamond, are already getting quite narrow. Many of the resorts are already installing manmade berms to protect the beaches. Blue Diamond has in the past advertised a private dining experience on a wooden dock that jets from the property into the sea... those experiences are now done in a much less private space up against the buildings, possibly because access to the dock is not always guaranteed with the rising seas. The dock was closed to human traffic the first few days we were there; however, we did not miss it given the excellent pools and facilities right off the beach.
We will return to Blue Diamond without question; next time with friends.

Room Tip: If you want to be near the beach and restaurants and main pool, ask for accommodation toward the East end of the property. If you prefer to have more privacy or be near the Spa, go with something on the West. We were in the Western-most Patio Suite nearest the Spa, and had perfect privacy. But we did walk a lot by our own choosing.
2  Thank Chris G
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I stay until Jan. 17 in room 219

1. Bathroom faucet did not working.
2. Dress room leaks water on the floor so my bag all wet ㅠㅠ