Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$285
  • Pool
$322
$237
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun(Playa del Carmen)
$444
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
$1,130
Melia.com
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$241
$231
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
$168
$160
Orbitz.com
$682
$466
  • Breakfast included
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$1,208
Viceroy Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$502
$484
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$1,475
$1,327
1,879 results
All reviewsambar restaurantpatio suitecevichegolf cartoutdoor tubcenote suitebeachfront casitaamber restaurantcigar loungesteam roomconcierge officeall inclusive resortwalk in closetpool barquiet resortspa areahuge bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2013

A really nice resort, very quite and romantic. The rooms are gorgeous: very large, beautifully decorated with amazing patio overlooking the laguna. There is a champaign bottle ready in your room upon your arrival.
There are only three restaurants, but the menu changes every night night. All food is fresh, natural, and very delicious. My favorite place was "Ceviche – Tapas" - a small bar overlooking the ocean. It's waiter Cesar went above and beyond to provide the best service and made my trip unforgettable!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anny M
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The entire place was gorgeous. The food and drinks were spectacular. Having a private beach for a small hotel was great. We would only see a few other couples during the day. Cesar remembered all of the drinks we liked and kept bringing them to us without having to ask. Diego and Florisel were great company on the rides to and from our room. Mario, the server at the Ambar, was absolutely amazing. He remembered us every time and always provided top-notch service. The entire experience was amazing and we will be sure to come back. Definitely do the snorkel tour. The reef is beautiful. Marina(?), the tour guide, was amazing. She is very entertaining and will make sure you get the most out of the experience. We were treated like royalty during our stay. We miss it!

Room Tip: Some rooms are kind of far from the beach, but the walk is nice and the staff is good about offering rides to the beach.
2  Thank Sydney M
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Spent 5 days for my honeymoon at blue diamond in playa. I am a big hotel person. I like lots of action, people, shops, etc. This hotel is the complete opposite of what I am used to.
When I took a look around the property, i thought that I was in trouble, how would I get thru 5 days of what blue diamond offered.

I was a complete believer in Blue diamond when I left. I adjusted quickly and loved every second that blue diamond offered to me and my wife. Let me tell you what changed my mind.

First, the rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. More importantly they were very private. We had a pool and river in our area.

Food was outstanding. Two restraunts and a cafe. Both restaraunts were great. The Pico was excellent and served at all meals. Cant complain about the restaraunts as the food was always excellent. The cafe for me was bar food and average at that. Had a burger that was not very good.

Service-outstanding. I cant say enough. They new our room #'s, schedules, and etc. I want to give a shout out to Guerimmo. He was our waiter most nights and was outstanding. This guy should be doing more than waiting tables. He cared and was very passionate about seeing people enjoying and having a good time.

When I first got to the property, it is very spread out and doesn't house a lot of people. Lots of walking or waiting on golf carts to transport you. I thought that it was going to be tough. it was hard the first day getting adjusted, but by about the middle of the 2nd day I was sold. I had the most relaxing, stress free, great, and memorable time. This hotel is for someone looking for a relaxing non stressful trip. If you are looking for the spring break atmosphere, dont come here, you will be disappointed.

The beach was great, the pool was great, again everything was outstanding.

The only complaint was the room didn't get as cold as I would like. It wasn't hot, but again could of been a tad cooler.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
1  Thank brian m
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hands down, the best service I have ever seen! We were totally pampered during our 4 night stay at the Blue Diamond. We were so impressed by every part of this resort. The food and drinks were wonderful and very high quality, the grounds and beach were pristine, and our room was spotless. We were treated like royalty! I loved the staff, especially Cesar and Mario...they were Awesome! We are making our visit to the Blue Diamond a yearly tradition. No kids, so it's extremely relaxing and peaceful... We are already planning our next trip!

1  Thank Merrill S
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Who doesn't love a place where everybody knows your name? Well at the Blue Diamond in Riviera Maya, the wait staff, servers, managers, bartenders and every other employee not only immediately learned our names but also our breakfast coffee preferences and our favorite lunch choices. It seemed like they knew what I wanted before I even knew what I wanted. And they were always right. When we arrived at breakfast, a cappuccino was on my table within 30 seconds and while in the pool, a fresh drink was in my hand before I finished the old one. Every food suggestion from an employee was delicious. The food at this resort was amazing- thanks to chef Pedro, who also taught fun cooking classes. I didn't eat anything I didn't love. Food was made on site and to order. I'm a picky eater and all my specific request were honored.

Every aspect of this resort was clean and well-kept. The lawn, the landscaping, the rooms, the dining areas, the pool, the bathrooms- all immaculately clean and sanitary all the time.

We were at this resort for the wedding of a family friend and I could tell that the staff did everything in their power to make the wedding absolutely beautiful and they succeeded because it was a gorgeous wedding.

Our "junior" suite is bigger than my apartment. The bathroom was spectacular. The room service was great and the turn down service was awesome. The employee left flowers on our pillows!

Special shout-outs to Cesar, Alberto, Martina, Omar, Rogelio, Eisenmann, Dagostino, Ramon, Mario, Natalie, Lucio, all the golf car drivers, all the front desk people, all the maids, all the chefs, waiters, bartenders. I miss everyone. They treated us like family. They were friendly, funny, personable and they really made us feel special. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Every room is awesome. We got the "cheapest" room and it was the most amazing place I've ever stayed at.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family