This resort met and even exceded our expectations. A few of the exceptional things:
1. Almost instant service at any request.
2. Within 10 minutes of arriving (early in the day) we were checked in, taken on a quick property tour, helped with putting our luggage in our room, taken to lunch were we were greeted by name and asked for our preferences, allergies, etc. and then asked what time we would like room cleaning and turn down each day and then blown away by the kindness and attentiveness of the servers.
3.Within the first hour we had enjoyed a delicious lunch with fresh local specialties, a glorious ocean view and a mariachi group playing requests, then whisked back to our room by the ever ready golf carts where our private plunge pool was already being filled at our request.
4.The quality of the room amenities was great, even cintronella based repellent if we wanted to sit on our porch at night. The linens were plush and we received fresh towels twice a day.
5. Never a problem getting a lounger or a relaxation bed by the cool infinity pool, warm lap pool or very warm jacuzzi. Never a problem getting a chair and umbrella right on the lovely clean beach where you seldom sit for more than 10 minutes without offers of service. Want two thick beach towels and a pillow for your lounger, no problem here, no towel cards or stingy lack or availability, just constant service and a desire to please.
6.Plenty of constantly clean restrooms available by the pools, beach and restaurants with individual cloth hand towels.
7. The water circuit at the spa is included with a eucalyptus steam room, followed by experience showers, healthy rehydration (such as chlorophyl water to drink) and then the bubbling relaxation pool, again with plenty of plush towels, robes. lockers and amenities for your comfort.
Much has been written about the large rooms, pleasant decor and great food selections, and it is all true, but what really sets this place apart from the ordinary AI experience is the staff's attention to detail and the managements desire that each guest have a stress free vacation, no cattle herding going on here, no crassness passed off as entertainment, no loud drunk groups topped by music so loud you can't have a conversation here. Instead a refined sense of relaxation,indulgence and peace underscored by a happy vibe of people who really seem to be enjoying their jobs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the pristine coast of the world famous Riviera Maya, Blue Diamond Riviera Maya is a sanctuary of breathtaking beauty and peace, surrounded by nature mixed with luxury. This exclusive hideaway is set in 36 acres of lush tropical jungle, well manicured gardens and a spectacular palm filled white sandy beaches along the turquoise – colored Caribbean Sea, offering unparalleled pampering and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Blue Diamond Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Diamond Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico