“Perfect in every way”

Ranked #44 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Pasadena, California
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I just came back a week ago from one of the funnest, most relaxing, and romantic vacation ever. It was perfect in every way from beginning to end. I'm so glad we decided to book Blue Diamond out of all the options in Playa del Carmen.

My husband and I were promptly picked up by the hotel's driver at the airport. The driver was very friendly and knowledgeable, he recommended so many activities and gave us an intro to the city. It was like a mini tour during the 40 minute drive to the hotel. Once we arrived, we were immediately greeted by a front desk staff named Adriana (she's gorgeous by the way :)). As we walked into the lobby my husband and I both said "wow!" at the same time. The hotel was stunning. The best way to describe the hotel's grounds is simple sophistication. Nothing was overly done, it just felt so relaxing staying there. We received very attentive service from all the staffs. Housekeeping cleaned our patio jr. suite twice a day. They paid attention to details such as folding the cords to our phone chargers, laying our toothbrushes on clean towels, and turning shampoos and body washes upside down for easier flow. In the evening they would take off the pillows from the bed, close the curtains, turn on the lights and music in order to make the room comfortable when you return from the beach. I have never seen a staff at a resort put in so much effort to please their guests. We felt like royalty. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes for someone to pick us up in the golf cart, or for someone to take our order whether it be at the bar, by the pool/ beach, or at the restaurants.

Drinks and food were overall really good. I enjoyed their chicken and fish dishes the most, the quality of their steaks was average. I especially enjoyed breakfast and lunch because we were able to take in the beautiful ocean view while dining. The beach was cleaned every morning and throughout the day so you barely see any washed up seaweed. I walked up and down the beach to check out other resorts and they were not as well maintained as Blue Diamond. We also took advantage of their free snorkeling trip, it was so much fun. On our last day, we decided to check out their spa and gym and regretted that we didn't do so earlier. I would highly recommend this resort to any couple looking for a romantic vacation and would definitely return when I get a chance. I also want to mention a few more staff members who made our stay absolutely enjoyable - Omar, Sergio, and Victor. Thank you guys! - Mr. & Mrs. Chen :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank karebear115

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Playa del Carmen is a special place.I have been going there for several years. We enjoyed our visit to Blue Diamond by BlueBay. The accommodations are very nice. The patio villa was great for us. We could walk to the beach or call a shuttle. The staff were very friendly and very helpful.
We enjoyed the eclectic mix of guests from all over the world. The food was nice. Beach great.
I guess being a 5 star resort they try hard to make your all inclusive dinner experience "special"
by slathering on the service and attempting to be fancy. That was wasted on me. I like normal, friendly, service and un fussy is more impressive than fussy to me. I would definitely go back!
Favorite employees were; Sergio, Omar, Jose.

Room Tip: Patio villas are all great
5 Thank kurtgerber
, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and your wonderful remarks. I have reviewed your comments with staff and we would like to thank you for mentioning those members of our team who made a difference and took a great part in creating an unforgettable vacation for you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
kind regards,
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the Blue Diamond in June, and it was beyond our considerable expectations. Special thanks to Victor, Omar, and Caesar for going above and beyond the call of duty.
Our accomodations were upgraded upon our arrival, and this was the first indication that we were in for a special experience. the food was excellent, both in taste and presentation, the Villa was impecable, and the service - top notch. Victor even loaned us some dvd's from his PERSONAL collection when he found out the ones we brought with us would not play!
Because this resort is new, having just openned in Dec. 2012, there were not many guest during our stay, but that is sure to change as the word gets out. I highly recommend the Blue diamond and my wife and I will be going back again.

3 Thank Greg D
, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Greg, Thank you for your wonderful comments and for mentioning those members of our team who made a difference and took a great part in creating an unforgettable vacation for you. We are looking forward to having you as our guests again!
kind regards,
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband & I booked a last minute deal at the Blue Bay Esmerelda in April 2012. The hotel was offering a promotion to stay at their sister resort "Blue Diamond" which we accepted. I cannot express how beautiful & serene the place is. The food is absolutely delicious and the service amazing. Our cond was 516 and was at the beginning of the resort. There is a private pool. It is quite a little walk to the front where the restaurants & pool are. We always started walking because the weather was so beautiful and there is no rush to be anywhere, just enjoy. There was always a golf cart ready to give us a drive and we got on because they were the friendliest people. My husband & I always spend our time on the beach while on vacation and I must say this was the first time we ever stayed by the pool all day as the service was so god and the atmosphere wonderful and relaxing. All premium drinks, no a la cartes and no worrying about towels as there were plentifull. Every evening there was a bottle of champagne on ice aswaiting us, the bed turned down, the fridge refilled, free calls to anywhere, free adult movies (if you're into that). Fresh limes right off the trees outside our door for our drinks. Bed wast the most comfortable, double shower & sinks in a huge bathroom. It was my first time in Mexico and was worried about going. It's always been my husband's favorite place and I can definitely see why. This was the nicest, most amazing place we've ever stayed in. I was sorry I booked an excustion as I would have been most happy to spend all my time there. We loved our vacation. Thanks to all the staff that made our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: There are only 100 rooms and we didn't have the most expensive one so I can't imagine any ro...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank KellyJI
Thank you Kelly for your wonderful remarks! It has been a pleasure welcoming you at Blue Diamond. Thank you for your recommendations and we are looking forward to your next visit in the company of your husband.
best regards,
Colorado
Reviewed June 21, 2012

A friend was getting married in Mexico and I booked this property as it was at a much better rate than where she was getting married (Secrets Maroma). My flight on Spirit Airlines to Cancun from Denver on Spirit was not so pleasant so she was a welcome respite. The little boy behind me kicked my seat for 35 minutes until I stood up and asked if he had parents. The mother was rough around the edges and did not take kindly to me asking the boy to stop kicking my seat and informing him that it was rude. For a few minutes I thought I was going to have to break out my boxing moves. I wondered if I would be accosted in customs but a kindly man in the row behind me gave me a wink and delayed their exit from the plane, buying me some time. Phew! Crisis averted. Slightly diappointing the flight attendants didn't intervene as they were standing right there. I was a little unnerved after the plane altercation but the gal who greeted me at the airport from the shuttle service was very sweet which was a welcome respite. The shuttle driver was ok and drove like a turtle. My ride back to the airport was much quicker and the guy was a lot nicer.

The first day I was on my own as my friend was arriving the following day. Check-in process was fairly quick although they didn't have my friend's information tha tI had forwarded a week or so prior. I had a patio suite which was beautiful, 2 sliding doors to patio, glass shower with his and her rainshower faucets and another door from there to the plunge pool. Separate toilet, very nice. Room is huge which a great big walk in closet.

The property is very long starting at the road and reaching tot he ocean. From my room it took us 10 minutes ot walk to the beach/restaurants or to the spa/reception. I was starving when I arrived so I walked to the beach. The seafood bar was closing but they let me stay and get a few appetizers and a few margs. Javier was out waiter more than a few times during our stay, whether it was poolside or beachside. He was my favorite. Food is excellent at the resort. The detox juices at breakfast were my favorite. We tried them all. There is a $20 delivery charge for room service but sometimes its just worth it and you can order as much as you want - so we did!

We had a couples massage at the spa one day when it was lightly raining. The Spa is gorgeous but seems a little unorganized. Our teatments were in a very pretty room but there were guys outside trimming shrubs and it appeared the therapists were not about to asked them to stop so I asked them to ask them to stop. Who wants to hear "wah, wah wah" all while you're getting a massage? Not me! They actually had to stop mid-way in our massages and ask them to stop agian as they came back and started trimming or weed whacking again. On another note the grounds are immaculate and well-cared for. But do the spa area at night! :) Anyway the massages were very nice.
The spa has the nicest steam rooms I have ever been in. Its a dome shape with beautiful tiling. We tried to go to it before our spa treatment but it wasn't working which was a bummer so we did a few other things to waste time including a hydro-therapy pool. We told the staff thinking they would fix the steam room but when we got out of our massages it was still not working. It took about a 1/2 hour for them to turn it on which was slightly annoying but we sat in there anyway and relaxed. When my friend went to ask them to please fix the room or turn it on the gal at the front desk was applying makeup and was apparently peeved to be interrupted. We took a yoga class one day which was decent and theur yoga room is beautiful. Other than the two people at the front desk and our therapists we didn't see anyone else during our spa visit so we kind of had it all to ourselves.

One tip, maybe don't leave the resort at night. We went to our friends wedding and our taxi got stopped in a drug raid on the way back and we had to stand on the side of the road very dressed up while they searched the taxi form top to bottom. I travle to Mexico a lot for work but am not used to seeing the policia in gas masks. Slight unnerving at 2:30am.

Beach and pool area are beautiful. A few days they had different bands which was really nice. Property is huge but golf carts are abundant to transport you but we walked most of the time for exercise. Conciege was very helpful.

Maids kept screwing up our TV settings when we left during the day so after a few days of having to call for help we finally started putting the controls in the safe so they couldn't. heehee. They also re-arranged our toiletries every day. I was there for a week and set that stuff up the way I like it so it was slightly annoying to get home every afternoon to the my stuff in a different place, spread out on a towel. I finally gave up and let her do it. Small price for a clean bathroom I guess.

AC had a problem one day and fan was a little loud but had to use it and couldn't sleep.
Overall a great trip. Lots of walks on the beach which streaches both ways for miles. I would go there again as a couple but don't see it being a good place for singles.

Room Tip: The patio suite is huge and has a plunge pool. You do have to ask them to fill it as there is so muc...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wanderlust2Colorado
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Spent three days at Blue Diamond and was amazed at the quality of the service and friendliness of the staff. Everyone goes out of their way to ensure your experience is great and the service is natural and amazing. Loved it! If you like great rooms, great food and beverage and excellent service in an intimate environment, you can not go wrong.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank traveller090
Thank you for your feedback and kind remarks. Me and all the staff are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back (for a longer stay, hopefully).
Kind regards,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Blue Diamond is one of a kind - the resort grounds are so beautiful - lush vegetation everywhere with a mangrove lagoon and a cenote. They really take very good care of the real estate. What i loved most about Blue Diamond was their attention to detail, starting with the rooms, the spa, the way they treated their guests - the little stuff goes a long way and is the most memorable.

Their service - everyone seems to love their job and enjoy serving guests - this quality is impossible to find at an all-inclusive resort! Everybody smiles. Not a single experience with a disgruntled employee. Also, they remembered that we were there to celebrate my birthday and they made me a cake one night and sang to me - it was very cute!

The Palfito room is gorgeous - talk about spacious. Splurge and upgrade to a Palfito - you won't be disappointed.

Also, splurge and get a massage - the spa itself is HUGE and beautiful and their therapists are very attentive and professional.

Blue Diamond is still working through some kinks, like some of the other reviewers have mentioned and i also noticed while i was there, but i'm confident that those issues will be solved very quickly. It's obvious service is a priority for them so i'm sure they'll do whatever they can to have repeat customers. My husband and I are certain we will be back and look forward to seeing all the staff again. They truly made it feel like a home away from home.

Room Tip: Palfito on the lagoon - huge balcony over the lagoon and its just so beautiful
3 Thank Joyce K
Please allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comments about our staff and our services. All of us at Blue Diamond are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be host of your birthday. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Magic Blue Hotel
Magic Blue Hotel
#53 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#59 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#33 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!