“Beautiful place with good food”
Review of Aldea Corazon

Aldea Corazon
Reserve with OpenTable
Aldea Corazon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 1,279 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy, Bar, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tasty Mexican food with a view of 5th avenue and the most beautiful garden and cenote in the back.
Kempten, Germany
“Beautiful place with good food”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The place is simply worth being looked at, a tiny tropical forest in the middle of the chaos of Playa del Carmen. The food was generally tasty but also kind of hit and miss. Worth a try: Tacos de Jicama and the seared tuna. Not good: Tacos de Arrachera. They might still have a promotion where If you buy your wine at La Europea you can bring your own bottle of table wine and pay no fee.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Australia
“Mexican Fine dining”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I didn't realise when we went to this restaurant but this is essentially like Mexican fine dining. The service and ambiance was really good (don't sit too close to the waterfall it does stink a little bit). And the food is a fancy interpretation of Mexican food.

I think if you are into fine dining you will love this place. I am not a huge fan so while I found the food tasty it's not somewhere I would go back to.

• Visited August 2013
Kirkland, Washington
“Steak and Cactus was Superb”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

we had a one night stop in playa last spring. we just happened into Aldea as it was next to where we were meeting friends. we had the best service. the steak with cactus on the side was very good. i just had to share.

• Visited March 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“What a waste/such a shame”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I dined here tonight, overall it was so terrible in every aspect, I wanted to check it out on tripadvisor to see what other people think about this establishment... and boy am I surprised!!!! 4.5 out of 5? Are you serious people? If you are, then I can't take tripadvisor seriously!

Yes they have a beautiful deceiving back yard which managed to lure me in but no ambience can save this place, this restaurant is a great example of how to do it very very wrong. Overpriced horrible food, sluggish uncaring service.. A tourist trap, nothing more. Don't go here!

• Visited August 2013
lgaxiola, Public Relations Manager at Aldea Corazon, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Gokay, thank you for visiting us and we are sorry your experience at Aldea Corazón did not match your expectations. At Aldea Corazón me strive to provide an excellent service and menu. We hope you come visit us again and give us another chance.
Flower Mound, Texas
“Best fajitas ever!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I made my husband stop here to eat during our visit and so glad I did!! I had the chicken fajitas and SO glad I did. The restaurant is a little hidden gem. From the front, it looks like a little bar with a couple tables. Once you walk in, it opens up to a little tropical outdoor paradise. It's beautiful. The food was great, the Mango Margaritas were fantastic. AND, they had some great options for my kids to eat there, too. Loved this place!!

Visited August 2013