We have stayed at many white-gloved resorts, and The Viceroy has brought a new definition to "pampered." It has a quiet elegance that we love. Within a day, all of the service staff knew our names and made us feel like we were old friends. From Oscar,who welcomed us at reception, to Pepe, who served us fabulous drinks on the beach at dusk, we can't say enough about the highest quality of service we received at every turn. One of the room staff saw that I had a blister on my toe and ran to find a Bandaid for me, which he placed on my foot!
Our accommodations were beautiful and very private. We stayed in Villa #19 that had a warm dipping pool with a hammock, double-sized lounge chair, hammock and a large deck around it. The living area was well-appointed and very comfortable, with free Internet access and lots of room to either hang clothing or place them in spacious draws and cubbies. As others have noted, the lamps on the bed-stands proved very low for reading at night. The bathroom had a spacious shower and lots of windows with natural lighting. Towels and cleansing soaps were of the highest quality. One night, after snorkeling all day in Akimal and touring Tulum, we decided to borrow a Movie DVD from the office's extensive collection when we returned from a delicious meal at the resort's restaurant. Relaxing in our comfortable bed in beautiful surroundings was a perfect way to end our perfect day.
So if you like understated elegance, being taken care of by warm and congenial staff and well-cooked meals, don't hesitate go. We'll be back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 35 minutes from Cancun International Airport and three miles from popular Playa del Carmen, Viceroy Riviera Maya is a serene hideaway set on the turquoise Caribbean amid a lush jungle ambiance. As Riviera Maya’s #1 resort in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards, Viceroy offers world-class amenities, personalized pampering, exquisitely appointed villa accommodations with private patio and plunge pool, refined Mexican cuisine accented with international touches at La Marea and Mexican-Mediterranean fare at the seaside Coral Grill. Mayan influences abound, from the Mayan Blessing performed on arrival by the resort’s Shaman to the Mayan healing techniques offered at the award-winning spa. A Lagoon Pool, private pier, fitness center and traditional temazcal sweatlodge are among the resort’s many other pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Viceroy Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Tides Riviera Maya Hotel
- Tides Riviera Maya Resort
- Ikal Del Mar
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico