Great place for a romantic couple getaway at a beautiful small resort. When arriving you will pass all the extravagant entrances to some of the larger resorts. Your car will take you on a very unassuming road, that even is a dirt road in some parts, to the very remote entrance of the hotel. Upon arrival to the hotel the concierge greets you by name and takes you on a tour of the grounds. There is a long exotic trail through the jungle where each villas is spread out. Large spacious thatched hut villas with the right kind of blend of island and contemporary decor. The outside of the villa's have beds to relax, a hamock and a private plumge pool which is great to relax in. The bathrooms are spacious with dual sinks and a large shower. There is also an outside shower which I recommend. It is a pretty cool experience showering outside in a rainforest. The beach is very nice with palapas and cabanas for every guest. There are enough of them so they are easy to get regardless of what time you come to the ocean. There is a nice pier which extends out into the ocean for guests only with a tiki hut at the end. Extremely attentive staff but definitely nothing overbearing. They couldn't have been more polite and friendly. Pepe and Fransisco who serve food and drinks on the beach were both especially accommodating. The beach staff walks around through the day with some sangria, fruit or other treats. The mixture of an ocean resort and rainforest make the Viceroy very unique. Nature and jungle life are on display with birds, iguanas and a rare monkey as you walk the inner grounds. Highly recommended for any couple looking to get away and stay at a romantic luxury hotel in a tropical location. If you are a high profile person looking to get away and have privacy this hotel is also ideal. Im not one of those people but I can totally see people who like there privacy loving this place. Staff mentioned a few very well known individuals who recently stayed here. Food at both restaurants are top notch. The dining experience at La Marea was excellent. Good service and high quality food with a view of the ocean. Really liked that we were also very close to the heart of Playa Del Carmen. You get the option to experience a serene luxurious hotel by day and if you want to mix it up head over for the liveliness of Playa at night. Playa is filled with tons of bars and restaurants.
If there is a negative review on here do yourself a favor and quickly ignore it and skip right over it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 35 minutes from Cancun International Airport and three miles from popular Playa del Carmen, Viceroy Riviera Maya is a serene hideaway set on the turquoise Caribbean amid a lush jungle ambiance. As Riviera Maya’s #1 resort in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards, Viceroy offers world-class amenities, personalized pampering, exquisitely appointed villa accommodations with private patio and plunge pool, refined Mexican cuisine accented with international touches at La Marea and Mexican-Mediterranean fare at the seaside Coral Grill. Mayan influences abound, from the Mayan Blessing performed on arrival by the resort’s Shaman to the Mayan healing techniques offered at the award-winning spa. A Lagoon Pool, private pier, fitness center and traditional temazcal sweatlodge are among the resort’s many other pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Viceroy Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Tides Riviera Maya Hotel
- Tides Riviera Maya Resort
- Ikal Del Mar
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico