“a robbery”

Mosquito Beach Restaurant and Beach Club
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Mosquito Beach Restaurant offers international fare in a modern, chic, but casual open-air beachfront atmosphere. The restaurant uses the freshest local seafood to create its light and refreshing breakfast and lunch menus. Menu selections offer a broad variety of local fish and other seafood with the secrets, aromas and bounties of exquisite Mediterranean cuisine. The creativity of Chefs Francesco Incesti and Nicola Cafagno takes the stage in an atmosphere of modern delight. This duo, trained by the world-famous Master Chef Vito Semeraro, has become renowned for its ability to transform ingredients from the Mexican Caribbean into a delicious Italian culinary experience.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Terrible attention. Terrible prices. $11USD for a small Piña Colada in low season. The waiter was never the same guy. Loud music. We only went there because the hotel we stayed in had a discount, but never again.

1  Thank Berfar

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We literally just got back to our villa after a day at Mosquito Beach's club and are really disappointed in their service and food.
Being here for a few days already, Mosquito Beach seemed to be the only one to have actual bed-type loungers closest to the water. From the outside, it looks "classy", seems to have a great atmosphere with jazz music playing and was packed fairly full the days prior.
Issue one: COCKROACH! I realize there's going to be insects but when you're laying down relaxing and paying $200 PESOS to rent the bed, the last thing you'd expect is a cockroach climbing on your side. Not pleasant.
We did eat breakfast here which was decent, although we opted to order off the menu instead of their $187 Peso buffet.
Other than breakfast, the fries we had ordered were cold- we had to send them back. Our drinks, food, and correction on the food took much too long for there only being a maximum of 10-15 people there.
Also, we ordered strawberry margaritas and we're told they no longer had them today...yet 10 minutes later another guest received one.

In the end- skip this place...it's a shame that their service and food doesn't match the beautiful atmosphere. Although the prices are high, I wouldn't have minded paying them if it was worth it.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I just wish I read the reviews before we decided to dine here! And thank goodness we decided to move our wedding venue somewhere else! The images don't lie. It's a fantastic property by all appearances, however the food and service is lacking big time! We made reservations the day before with anticipation of it being popular. We were the ONLY table for dinner at 7:30pm. I suppose that should have been an indication in itself. Don't waste your time or money eating or drinking here! There are 100's of better choices! But do go check out the hotel!

1  Thank Andynoosa
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The only benefit of this beach club are the large comfortable beds on the beach. If that's what you want, fine. But, if you want good food and service then this is not the place to visit.

We used to really like this beach club: the food, service and the setting.

At the end of 2012, the owners sold the venue and the chef and some of the staff opened another restaurant in Playa.

As a result, the food and service isn't at the same standard as a year ago. We had a mixed ceviche for lunch which was quite expensive at 190 pesos and it was pretty ordinary--almost no flavour. And, the two beers (from a tin) were 49 pesos each.

We waited almost 10 minutes to be served (when the restaurant was empty) and we had to wait another 10 minutes for the beer to arrive.

Yes, I know it's an upmarket beach club, but the prices are not commensurate with either the service or the quality of the food. Given that most of the beach clubs are pretty similar (other than lying on beds vs sun loungers), you might as well opt for the cheaper ceviche and much cheaper beer on offer at the other restaurants on the beach.

It's a shame since we used to love the setting--but we shall visit no more.

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I have gone to Playa del Carmen on 5 separate occasions in a 3 year course and my 6th time was my wedding so I decided to host my wedding at mosquito Beach Hotel and have the food and service come from mosquito beach Restaurant since they had a nice view and looked like a good menu. They are the most unorganized and inexperienced hotel to help with a wedding. I live in the U.S so it was a nightmare to plan with them. They couldn't help with anything and were clueless so clueless that they didn't even know there was a time change in November so I had my wedding in the dark and they refused to change it to an earlier time even though all my guests had already arrived to playa del Carmen so they could have been there earlier so I could get married at least with a sunset but NO MOSQUITO BEACH HOTEL AND THEIR MANAGERS SAID NO because they are a club beach resort and they can't close it to their guests earlier. The night of my wedding they served a Caesar salad to all guest and a choice of fish, lasagna or chicken during the wedding I started to throw up and so did 3 other guests during the wedding and by the time the wedding was over more people were sick and by 4 am almost everyone that had eaten the food there was sick. The next morning I came to the front desk and asked to speak for a manager since I had to seek medical attention and there were other guests of mine at the hospital as well and we wanted answers. We never received any help from hotel staff or management. Not one call, not one person stood in the front and took responsibility. I tried for 1 month straight calling everyday to speak with a manger, wrote several emails and left several messages and never received a call or an answer. The hotel is very unprofessional and no one should have to experience to not be able to talk to upper management that is unheard of in the states but in Mexico they can do whatever they want. They could have gotten away from murder and there was no one that even cared enough there and I emailed every single staff member and person that works for mosquito beach and mosquito blue which is the sister hotel down the street and no one responded. I will be back to playa Del Carmen because the place is very special to me but never again to mosquito beach hotel, mosquito blue hotel or mosquito beach restaurant. Stay away and don't give someone business that doesn't care at all about you, your health or your experience.

1  Thank Eliburbano