“Do not eat here, sleep here or plan your vacation here!!! Horrible experience read below”

Mosquito Beach Restaurant and Beach Club
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Mosquito Beach Restaurant offers international fare in a modern, chic, but casual open-air beachfront atmosphere. The restaurant uses the freshest local seafood to create its light and refreshing breakfast and lunch menus. Menu selections offer a broad variety of local fish and other seafood with the secrets, aromas and bounties of exquisite Mediterranean cuisine. The creativity of Chefs Francesco Incesti and Nicola Cafagno takes the stage in an atmosphere of modern delight. This duo, trained by the world-famous Master Chef Vito Semeraro, has become renowned for its ability to transform ingredients from the Mexican Caribbean into a delicious Italian culinary experience.
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I have gone to Playa del Carmen on 5 separate occasions in a 3 year course and my 6th time was my wedding so I decided to host my wedding at mosquito Beach Hotel and have the food and service come from mosquito beach Restaurant since they had a nice view and looked like a good menu. They are the most unorganized and inexperienced hotel to help with a wedding. I live in the U.S so it was a nightmare to plan with them. They couldn't help with anything and were clueless so clueless that they didn't even know there was a time change in November so I had my wedding in the dark and they refused to change it to an earlier time even though all my guests had already arrived to playa del Carmen so they could have been there earlier so I could get married at least with a sunset but NO MOSQUITO BEACH HOTEL AND THEIR MANAGERS SAID NO because they are a club beach resort and they can't close it to their guests earlier. The night of my wedding they served a Caesar salad to all guest and a choice of fish, lasagna or chicken during the wedding I started to throw up and so did 3 other guests during the wedding and by the time the wedding was over more people were sick and by 4 am almost everyone that had eaten the food there was sick. The next morning I came to the front desk and asked to speak for a manager since I had to seek medical attention and there were other guests of mine at the hospital as well and we wanted answers. We never received any help from hotel staff or management. Not one call, not one person stood in the front and took responsibility. I tried for 1 month straight calling everyday to speak with a manger, wrote several emails and left several messages and never received a call or an answer. The hotel is very unprofessional and no one should have to experience to not be able to talk to upper management that is unheard of in the states but in Mexico they can do whatever they want. They could have gotten away from murder and there was no one that even cared enough there and I emailed every single staff member and person that works for mosquito beach and mosquito blue which is the sister hotel down the street and no one responded. I will be back to playa Del Carmen because the place is very special to me but never again to mosquito beach hotel, mosquito blue hotel or mosquito beach restaurant. Stay away and don't give someone business that doesn't care at all about you, your health or your experience.

1  Thank Eliburbano

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We visited this beach club basically because we got a coupon at our Hotel, it was very nice and comfortable place to spend some hours in the sun using some very comfortable and fancy sun beds, and the service was OK with no pushy waiters and no people disturbing you to sell anything, however it is a expensive place and this we discover some days later... If you want a nice fancy place with in front of the beach and with some shadow to protect from the sun, this is a perfect place but you will pay for it

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very nice, higher end / classy beach club with nice cabana style beach cushions to lounge upon. Higher end clientele. Attentive but not pushy waiters. And a host helped me get a daybed, and I went to tip him but he waved it off with a smile. Highly recommend.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Food and drinks are pricey, but the comfortably beds make up for most of it. Good location, good food (though small portions for the price), clean and tidy, and the waiters take good care of you.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Best spot on the beach to while away a day. We got free passes included with our fantastic little boutique hotel a block up the road (Hotel el Punto) and spent a couple days kicking back under the palm trees with essentially beds on the beach. Great mellow music playing, excellent service and I ate some red tuna ceviche/tacos that were out of this world (sesame oil, a bit of cilantro, lime ... mmmmm). It is very expensive, however, most drinks were around $15-20 -- yikes! Still, an experience not to be missed.