“A gem of a bar in Playa”
Review of Club de la Cerveza

Club de la Cerveza
Ranked #30 of 1,435 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Amplia variedad de cervezas artesanales mexicanas e importadas (Belgica, Alemania, Inglaterra, USA, etc.) Variety of mexican craft beers and imported (Belgium, Germany, England, USA)
Reviewed May 21, 2013

5th St. in Playa del Carmen is full of "specials" such as "bucket of beer for $10". Well, I don't want any cheap, inferior beer no matter how good the deal. I want quality, exceptional craft beer. Club de la Cerveza delivers. I wanted to try Mexican craft beer, and with just a few words describing what I typically like, Diego brought me a few that I loved (particularly Minerva). Staff is very knowledgeable, friendly, warm. The patio is great. Other patrons were friendly. I also loved the music as they had the Stone Roses playing, a nice diversion from the mostly cheesy music coming from further down the street. If you want an authentic beer experience with an inviting, amiable environment, you'll be thrilled with Club de la Playa.

2  Thank KristinBATL

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We made a special trip here before dinner as our hotel is not to far away. We noticed immediately that there were quite a few locals having cerveza's which we took as a great sign. There were quite a few beers not on the menu which was good to see and a few on the menu were not available. I'd say there was 30-40 beers on the menu plus more in the coolers not listed. Fortunately there was a lucifer that was similar to the duvet I wanted which they didn't have. As everyone has mentioned, great location, good music, good people watching. Beer heaven! My wife even found a nice fruity beer she liked with help from the bartender. The bartender went out if his way to recommend some of his favorite restaurants off the beaten path. He took it a step further by plotting the points on a free map they had on site that we took with us. It's only the first day of our trip but needless to say we plan to go back! Beers were around 35 to 70 pesos each. They had 2 for 1 pizzas but we had already eaten and the pizzas we saw looked just ok.

1  Thank Lolo104
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Tons of beer to choose from & located in a fun area. The owner was great & got us reservations at a restaurant a block away that was the best food we have had to this day! Great place & great atmosphere for the beer lover!!

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

First off we walk up to this cool spot off the beaten path and I see a cigar city sign on the wall. Being from Florida we know Cigar City and love the brewery. The beer selections were great and staff was very helpful, they walked me over to the cooler and pointed out some things not on the menu that I enjoyed. Then I heard Mumford and Sons come on and I'm like I am in heaven. We actually met a couple on an excursion and said they should check the place out. We ran into them the next day and we all enjoyed a honeymoon cerveza. Love the place!!!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great place, lots of beers and a perfect environment to talk while you increase your knowledge about beers, flavors, ingredients, regions around the world. One Mexican craft beer was my favorite.