“Hockey in Paradise !”

Dining options: Late Night
Winnipeg, Canada
“Hockey in Paradise !”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice to have a place to watch your hometeam! Had all teh games on every night. Also watched the Daytona 500 on the big screen ! Washrooms very dirty and discusting. Nothing exciting about the atmosphere as far as decor goes but we were there to watch sports and that was great !

Visited February 2013

Louisville
“Average at best”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stopped in here to watch a game and have dinner... Pretty average sports bar with decent prices but we had to wait 45 minutes for our food and appetizers and entrees were served at the same time.. The food was at best average and served way too hot... The waitress was very nice and apologetic and asked the manager if he could do anything but she never brought it up again... I've noticed in the Playa that the customers are usually not right... Meh...

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank snooperdooper
Ensenada, Mexico
“Terrible Everything”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I did not enjoy this bar at all. We were there last week to watch a sports event, the bar is very small and there is a supposed no smoking Sign by the front entrance. It turns out that you can Smoke in the bar if you are sitting in the first 2 rows closest to the entrance. We were seated in the third row and we may as well have been smoking ourselves (surrounded by smokers). The owner of the bar is a very arrogant woman, she did not address the issue when we asked nor did she offer us a different table. She actually didn't even look at us and we saw her roll her eyes at our very kind waitress. It was an important sports event so all of the bars nearby were full, we stayed but asked to be switched to a different table as soon as one was available. Throughout the evening a few tables became available and we were never offered to move nor did they let us when I asked (I was told that they were reserved, an obvious lie).
-When we first came in no one offered us a menu or asked us if we would like a drink. I actually called a waitress over so I could ask her for a menu and she very rudely let me know that she was not my waitress. TIP: even if you are not my waitress I think it's polite to leave a menu, it wont take more than 1 minute of your time. If not, please just let the person who IS our waitress know that we need a menu.
-We payed $9 dlls for a plate of wings. This plate includes 6 wings. I really laughed out loud when I saw the 6 wings, I almost felt like they had something against us. Do you guys really always serve 6 wings per order? that's ridiculous.
Overall I would say that our experience here was terrible, My husband and I were traveling to the beach to relax and have a good time...if you are doing the same, I recommend that you avoid this place. These type of situations really can make you feel not welcome and not attended. I felt a very negative vibe it was almost as if I had to figure out the way to ask for things so I could get a good result out of it.
On a good note: the bar tequila barrel (which is right down the street) has very good service, good food in good quantities, tables outdoors for smokers and a very enjoyable atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
Boise, ID
“Great place”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had all the college and NFL games in multiple screens. Food pretty good at great prices. We always go here when in Playa.

Visited November 2012
Pakenham, Canada
“Great atmosphere for fans to watch the game”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This spot is a haven for sports fans in Playa, especially Canadians (like me!) who are desperate for a hockey fix while in Mexico. They've got lots of big TVs with hockey on whenever there is a game being broadcast and hockey sweaters donated by past patrons from all the Canadian teams and some of the US ones. Hockey fans make for a fun atmosphere, and on my last visit I was watching a Minnesota game with fans of Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Vancouver and Montreal. We had a blast just enjoying the game while wearing sandals and enjoying the heat of our vacation.

I can't comment on the food (didn't eat), but the beer is cold, the service is prompt and friendly, and the washrooms are quite decent (not always the case in Mexico). One piece of advice that one of my party didn't heed was order local beer (Dos Equus, Corono, Negro Modelo, whatever) rather than US beer (Bud, etc) as it's both better and cheaper.

• Visited February 2012