“Dive Balam dive vacation!”
Review of Dive Balam

Dive Balam
More attraction details
Owner description: The dive shop located inside of the resort Royal Haciendas, only 10 minutes away from Playa del Carmen. We offer our service from courses up to tours in crystal clear Cenotes. We offer PADI, TDI, NACD training from entry level, PADI Open Water Diver right through to dive master training and specialties! Our goal is to maintain the highest level of quality and service while making your safety our top priority. We leave from the beach of the Royal Haciendas resort which is the best location in the Riviera Maya. We have the world's second biggest reef right in front of us. Come join us as we dive in the turquoise ocean and have the experience of a lifetime.
Cordova, Alaska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dive Balam dive vacation!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Dive Balam was the best experience I had while in Playa and Riviera Maya. I got my PADI Open Water Diver certification while in Playa del Carmen at Dive Balam. I did my open water dives AND a NIGHT DIVE! It was incredible! The crew was patient, professional, experienced and FRIENDLY! I can't say enough good things about the whole experience. The dive shop is located at Royal Haciendas, an all inclusive resort. What a beautiful property.
The boats are in excellent condition, and the captains are top notch. The crew takes extremely good care of the clients. They have everything set up, all you have to do is DIVE! The whole Dive Balam family takes great pride in what they do and it shows. Thanks Dive Balam, I can't wait to dive with you guys again!
Bret

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dive Balam, OUTSTANDING!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Wrapping up another vacation here at the Royal Hacienda, just a few minutes north of Playa del Carmen, and wanted to spread the good word about Dive Balam, the on-site dive operator here.

I've been diving with them since they began operations here at the Royal Hacienda, and can honestly say I've never encountered another dive operator that offers the quality of services, professionalism, regard for safety, choice of outstanding dive sites, and just plain FUN!

Dive Balam is one of the best things the Royal Hacienda has going, and they are very priveldged to have them at their resort.

Look no further than Dive Balam if you wish to have a truly memorable experience with some genuinely fine people.

Loveland, Ohio
“First Rate Dive Operation!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

First class all the way! Courteous staff, expert dive masters and guides, great equipment, excellent dive sites. I will definitely be back!

Campbellsport, Wisconsin
“Inspiring Dive”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am 63 years of age and have not done a dive in over 35 years, Dive Balam came highly recomended by some very good friends of mine from wisconsin ,who do a great deal of diveing all over the world. I found there professionalisam, attention to safety,and detail awesome. they make absolutely sure you are knowledgeable enough to be confident and relaxed during the entire experience, My dive only made me regret that I only had limited time in country .I will be back! I had to take a taxie 30 min, to the Royal Haciendas for my dive, Even though my hotel offered another dive shop it was so worth the extra few bucks in my opinion. If your thinking of a dive when in mexico, these are the people to contact!! Glen,

Reno
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dives In Playa Del Carman”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I just finished two weeks at the Royal Haciendas where the onsite dive op is Dive Balam. I did a total of five days doing two tank dives. Two days were at local reefs north of Playa. Two days were over in Cozumel using their boat there at the RH. The rides to Cozumel are about 40 min each way depending on sea conditions. There nothing like leaving at 9 and being back at 2. They take care of everything during the dives, including taking your tanks off in the water and changing them out while you rest between dives on their small boat and helping you up and doing the change over on the larger Cozumel boat. One day they drove us up to Puerto Morleas and dove the C-56 Montez De Oca that sits in 90 ft of water and has three levels of penatration with guide lines to get through the boat. With 38 yrs of diving and some 500 dives I can say that Dive Balam is the best overall dive op I have ever used. Their equipment is first class and kept in top conditioin. I saw first hand how the dive masters would help new dives and still keep a eye on the group. They have on 4 to 5 divers per dive master and safety is their first thought. They do let more experenced dives have a good time and do not treat you like cattle. If you are looking for the complete dive experence then I would say use Dive Balam. You do not have to be staying at the Royal Haciendas to use them. Their prices include any and all equipment that you need or you can use you own.

Visited January 2013