“Right on the beach, comfortable walk, but I didn't care for Playa”

Xaman-ha Luxury Condominiums
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The location of these condos is great. Wonderful views, right on the beach, swim up bar. A quick walk to the main boardwalk. Paula at the front desk is very helpful, and welcoming. She gets 5 stars all to herself! We rented unit 7019 last July for several days. It was OK. All the lights were florescent which cast a weird cold glow of the shiny white walls. The sheets, while clean, smelled musty and had some discolorations (think toothpaste-like stains on the pillow cases). We did spot a couple of roaches running through the kitchen - but heck this is Mexico, and I'd rather have a couple bugs than a haze of bug spray. The toilets were delicate (had trouble flushing), and the showers were slow to drain. This is really a mixed review. I assume that each unit is owned by different people, so your mileage may vary. Would I stay here again? No. But really that also has to do with PDC. If I were young and single in my 20s, then PDC would be a great place to hang out. See & be seen. Stay up to all hours dancing the night away. Shopping, bars, etc. However now I prefer family vacations in more natural settings where going for a walk is more about seeing scenic natural wonders rather than people watching. 2 stars for the upkeep of the condo, 5 stars for location & service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have travelled in different countries and it was our 7 time in Riviera Maya. In 2010, we haved rented a ''condo'' in Puerto Morelos for a romantic get-away and we loved it so much that we rented a condo in Xaman Ha (PDC) for a family trip including my brother and his daughter and my mother. The manager and the personal of Xaman Ha were extremely helpful when my husbund nearly drown in the sea! They were quick to response and took care of us (calling a doctor, a taxi, giving right indications) even came to knock on the door to inquired about the situation. By the way, the hospital care and services were excellent (much better than in Quebec!). On another note, the location of the condo Complex which is a walking distance of the 5th Avenue is very appreciated for dinner time and walk at night with the kids (entertainment, park, etc). We felt safe at all times within the property as well as in the crowded streets of PDC. We liked the cleanliness, the variety of condo to choose from, the quietness of the complex even around the pool, the freedom that it provides compare to an all inclusives. Other than that we loved it so much that we are going back in August for 2 weeks this time.

Room Tip: Don't forget to clean your fruits and vegetables with a special product sold at the grocery stor...
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank ARANSO
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This trip with my mom and my sister was truly amazing. I booked through Wright Travel in Nashville Tennessee and everything was set on go. In additional to the travel service, I used Solomaya Rentals since I wanted to have groceries, beer, wine, etc. waiting on us when we arrived instead of having to make the dreaded trip to Wal Mart. Boy were we amazed when we walked in and a representative from Solomaya was filling up the fridge and cupboards. What a time saver that lasted us all week! Also, everything that I had read and the pictures were not snaffoo but true. We enjoyed it not being crowded and being within walking distance of the ferry to Cozumel and 5th Avenue. Most days we just relaxed on the beautiful carribbean beach in front of the condo and a couple of days walked a quick 5 minutes to Senior Frogs and what a great time there. We ate a several great places on 5th avenue and would definitely ask condo personnel about a location before you went. We actually stayed in one night at the desk clerk ordered pizza at our request and the security guard walked with the delivery guy to our door. We were safe and felt safe the entire time and had no issues whatsoever. I just believe that no matter where you go, be it a large city in your state or anywhere on vacation, you have to think smart and put safety first. We tipped the maids once when we got there and when we left for the whole week. They really worked hard. You may be asking why we chose this route as opposed to all-inclusive but we wanted to do a lot of walking and taking in the local sites and all of the all-inclusives were too far off of 5th avenue for us as we did not want to have to take a taxi or public transporation. We also went to Chichen Itza, which was an all day and tiring affair but well worth it. Do no wear many clothes at all as it was very hot and little shade for the tour. Also, make sure that you go ahead and book a transfer to and from the airport, (we used Paradise Transportation and Tours) which is about 45 minutes. We will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Our #7122 was very nice. A lot of travel sites with pictures and get agent to verify.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank LotsOfTravelToGo
Reviewed May 26, 2011

The five of us (two couples, one single, all adults) stayed at Unit #7123 at Xaman-Ha, and it was delightful!! Very nice furnishings, CLEAN, and very well maintained. The view was spectacular too!! It felt like "home" - but better!!

Also... you can't beat the location of Xaman-Ha condos... Located just into Playacar, south of the Juarez ferry pier, it allows you a gorgeous beach, (and wonderful pool too), and it's QUIET at night which is something I NEED to have on vacation - a good night's sleep!! It was a quick (5-minute) stroll into the southern end of Fifth Avenue, the main thoroughfare of Playa del Carmen, so we were able to stay out of the hustle/bustle of the "city" but were sooo close to it all too!

Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!! And... dealing with Steve, the owner, and Andrew from Sol Maya Vacation Rentals, the booking agent, was a hassle-free delight for me from start to finish!! Any questions or concerns I had were quickly answered by both of them.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Nerak936
Reviewed May 18, 2011

My husband, myself and our 11 month old stayed here the second week of may,2011. The grounds were beautifully kept, the location was PERFECT, walking distance to 5ave but not so close that you hear any noise. The pools were great, especially for young children, there were many different depths for all ages. The only thing we didn't like is they have no grounds(grass area) that you are allow to walk or play on. The beach is beautiful but no shade. All the condos have a great ocean view. But our condo#7110 was just basic and not very tastefully decorated with a bright purple bathroom, very blue bedroom and lots of artificial flowers everywhere!

• Stayed: May 2011
6  Thank manders91
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband, 2 young adult daughters & I rented 7202 and when we walked in it was exactly as pictured, including the beautiful view from our terrace of the pool and the beach. However, as the evening passed, we discovered the air conditioning was not working. Since we have experienced a very long, cold winter, we were tempted to just enjoy the heat, but we contacted the manager the next day. Repairs were thought to take a couple days so we were offered a move to 7206.

The only downside was that 7202's 2nd bedroom had 2 single beds for our daughters and 7206 had a queen bed. However, there was also a couch in the living room area, so they didn't have to share if they didn't want to and it worked out fine.

The balcony was larger and we spent a couple late afternoons there in the shade.

The pool area was great, we enjoyed Christopher the bartender & the 3-4 pm happy hour.

5th ave was in easy walking distance either by beach or residential street.

We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Lorhs
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed during 2/18/11 thru 2/25/11 for my sisters wedding. The rooms are not amazing but they have charm and peacefull ocean views. The bathrooms are a little out of date but good enough. The landscape is very nice and you feel as though you have the whole beach to yourself. I walked in both directions from our beach and to the right you get crowed beaches with heavy surf and alot of birds. You'll see more palms trees but you also see alot of people. To the left you get more bar beaches and locals swiming. So if you like the beach and want a more quiet feel I would recommend it. Close to everything.

• Stayed: February 2011